How are you carrying gear to stands?

Smid

WKR
After coyote hunting the first time this weekend, I realized I need some organization. I had my rifle slung and tripod over my shoulder, but kept fumbling with the spare mag and phone/flashlight in my pocket. I was with two other guys and didn’t have to carry the caller, but just bought a shockwave so I will be in the future. I was thinking about a HPG chest bag, but really open to suggestions. I’ll mostly be carrying a magazine, spare battery pack, phone, flashlight and then the caller and remote so I don’t need anything huge

mcseal2

WKR
I have a really big bulky Foxpro Prairie blaster 3 that I won, so I need more capacity. I use an Eberlestock Team Elk pack that I replaced for big game hunting. The main pocket holds my call and decoy. Lid has items I may access more often. The front pocket has seldom used items. The long side pockets hold my extended decoy stake and bipod. My AR rides in the scabbard so I don’t have to have a sling on the rifle. One less thing for a coyote to see move as I position for a shot.

Nothing I access on every stand has to be opened by a zipper. Zippers can be loud.

Probably a lot bigger than you need, but it might give you ideas. If I had a normal size call I’d use a smaller bag.

WCB

WKR
Just buy a small kids school backpack. Only thing that goes in my pack is the call, extra batteries, and a rope/drag. My phone and extra mag/rounds stay on my body at all times.

I do use my actual Stone Glacier pack in the winter as sometime. If I'm not sure if I'll need them I throw my snow shoes on it and strap a tripod on the side....also comes in handy if you shoot a double and you can strap dogs on the pack instead of dragging them. Of course easiest thing to do is skin them in the field and carry out fur only.

JeffP_Or

WKR
MR Pop-up 28.
But I only use a FoxPro Inferno - so that is smaller. Decoy spinner fits in the side pocket. Sitting mat rolls and fills the second side pocket. First aid, knife, basic survival, headlamps rides in the lid. Batteries, snack, point-n-shoot cam with mini tri-mount stores in the outside back pocket. Jacket, fleece, gloves, facemask, electronic muffs and call with control go in the main compartment with my water bladder. I just carry a rifle with bipod.
I've been enjoying the "off-season" - learn new areas and see some interesting things.

zeeoh6

FNG
I use an AGC chest pack to carry an extra mag, pocket drag, flashlight, scanner, and extra batteries for everything. I use a carabiner on one of the pack straps to attach my Foxpro remote. I also attach another smaller flashlight to my chest pack shoulder strap so I can walk with a hands free light if needed. The X-Wave has a strap from one of my old RTIC coolers (quiet and durable) so I sling that cross-body, then carry tripod and rifle on shoulder.

Voyageur

WKR
Hill People Gear Umlindi pack. Inside I carry my shooting sticks (shock corded), FoxPro Hellfire, motion device (can't think of what it's called), and my drag device. The side pockets hold water bottles if necessary.

OP
Smid

Smid

WKR
I use an AGC chest pack to carry an extra mag, pocket drag, flashlight, scanner, and extra batteries for everything. I use a carabiner on one of the pack straps to attach my Foxpro remote. I also attach another smaller flashlight to my chest pack shoulder strap so I can walk with a hands free light if needed. The X-Wave has a strap from one of my old RTIC coolers (quiet and durable) so I sling that cross-body, then carry tripod and rifle on shoulder.

I tried the chest pack but I didn’t like how my rifle carried with the vickers sling. I like front side carry and will pivot the rifle around to my back climbing fences and gates. I’ve been using a helikon-Tex fanny pack for a couple months and Although I hate fanny packs it has been pretty great

Cur dog

FNG
Lucky duck has a stadium type seat. I pack e call drag rope. Bullet pouch.skinning gloves. Folding gambrel in the pocket on that.hand calls in pocket. Heavy barrelled suppressed 220 swift in my hand cause its to heavy for shoulder. Shooting sticks are carried in the folded seat

Spoonbill

WKR
Buddy of mine had a hip pack to carry his stuff. He could take it off while sitting down and get to everything. If you are using an ar-15, a kydex mag holder may work better if you need to reload quickly.

Stone glacier Kiowa with a Kifaru gun bearer. I strap my low folding turkey chair to the back and carry the caller in hand. Super easy to carry and you can stop a yote to the pack if you get lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Afhunter1

WKR
I use a heavy belt with carabiners on it. I attach my call and seat and call tripod to belt. In my pockets are mag, light, and spare batts. Usually here I’m back at truck after a set or two and I’m not walking far but even if I was this is system I would use.