How are you carrying your 15x binos?

FlyGuy

WKR
Archery Elk hunting next month. 8x32 on my chest. Will be carrying my 15x meoptas in my pack with Tripod, buddy is taking same set up except a 65mm swaro.

For those that pack a second pair of binos, do you leave them loose in your pack? Do you use a dedicated pack pocket? Do you have a special soft sided case for them?

I saw a Sitka 12-15x bino harness for sale at a local shop and was tinkering with the idea of buying it primarily to store them in (both while in my pack and just regular storage) as it would at least have dual purpose. Not terribly expensive, but wanted to see what others were doing before dropping the bones on it.

You can’t cheat the mountain

Ben RT

Lil-Rokslider
I keep my 15x Meostars in their semi-soft Meopta case in the main pocket of mypack. There's no way I would just set them in their loose -- even with lense covers on (they fall off fairly easy). Another option you might consider is to wrap them up in a large clothing item like a jacket, but to me it's still worth having the added protection of a case.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

rclouse79

WKR
Mine fit perfectly in the hood of my kifaru pack. I just bring them on rifle hunts when I know I am going somewhere with good glassing points. The 15’s plus a tripod adds a lot of weight for cruising the timber and calling for elk. Plus elk seem to stick out plenty well with my chest binos.

Aaron Warpony

Lil-Rokslider
I carry mine in my pack in a diy case. Most of the cases binos come in are bulky, heavy, and don't dry well if wet. I had some thin packing foam sheets from something i bought and just rolled it around the binos, taped it with the tan scotch tape (not sticky if left in sun like duct tape. and lighter). The scotch tape adds some durability. I left a flap on top to tuck into the main pocket and this keeps the binos protected. It keeps it free of scuffs too, which keeps them at a good resale value. No cost, less than 1 oz, and after two years, make another. I use the same stuff for my spotting scope. basically two tubes. one for the scope body, one for the angled eyepiece

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
In their Swaro case in my Stone Glacier 3300 main compartment. Neck strap stays home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the factory swaro case in my pack.

If I'm using them they go from pack to tripod to back in pack. Case adds just a little security to my optic investment.

Block

WKR
Love my SLC 15x56,,, but HATE packing them + 10x42 on chest,,, they are in the soft case in my pack on short hikes/scouting trips.

Hoping the 12x42 NL is the answer haha can’t wait... my 15s “should” hit the classifieds in a month or so!

NV HUNTER

WKR
Reviving this one... anyone come up with a great option?

Carrying my 15slc in my pack in a soft bino bag.