How are you carrying your sidearm on your Kifaru?

Gumbo

WKR
which model do you have? 40 or the 20 having a hard time finding a holster for the long slide 10mm, none of the holster manufactures seem to be making it yet?

I have the 20. Will this holster work??? I'm not a pistol guy so honestly I don't even know the difference between the two.

I'm of a different school of thought. Like my survival kit, if I carry a sidearm in the woods it is on my body in a shoulder holster and not riding on my gear in some manner. There are too many times during a day when you take off your pack or chest rig or web gear (how's that for dating myself) to put yourself in the position where you need your emergency gear and not have it at arms reach. I also think it rides better and is easier to access while carrying a pack and waistbelt. And I don't have to transfer the gun or holster from pack belt to pants belt.

wyodan

WKR
I'm of a different school of thought. Like my survival kit, if I carry a sidearm in the woods it is on my body in a shoulder holster and not riding on my gear in some manner. There are too many times during a day when you take off your pack or chest rig or web gear (how's that for dating myself) to put yourself in the position where you need your emergency gear and not have it at arms reach. I also think it rides better and is easier to access while carrying a pack and waistbelt. And I don't have to transfer the gun or holster from pack belt to pants belt.

Larry, can you use your shoulder holster with a bino harness? That is the main reason I try to keep mine on a belt. It has been very hard to find any revolver holsters that work with molle webbing.

Sure. It really depends on the bino harness I guess and what holster you use. I have an old school one from my Army days (black leather). I put the shoulder holster on first so it is always with me. Then the bino harness or anything else goes on over top of the shoulder holster.

I'm not sure what you mean about finding revolver holsters that work with MOLLE webbing. Does your bino harness have MOLLE on it?

wyodan

WKR
No, I meant for the MOLLE webbing on my pack belt. I'm now using a Bianchi, which works ok, but it doesn't attach as securely as I would like. Also, like you stated, once you set your pack down, you've removed yourself from your firearm. Unless you remove and attach to yourself again.

bbrown

WKR
I have the 20. Will this holster work??? I'm not a pistol guy so honestly I don't even know the difference between the two.
Gumbo - the pistol in my pictures is the Glock 20 so you should be set. The Glock 40 is the long slide version with the 6" barrel but Im not sure if KCT molds work work for them. Seems like it might but obviously stick out the bottom of the holster by another 1-1/2" but I don't know for sure.

carlc

Lil-Rokslider
I would like one for a s+w Alaska backpacker 44mag that will mount to molle

ben h

Lil-Rokslider
View attachment 34469
Some of us made poor life choices and went to graduate school, hence the Taurus .44 Mag and I made my own holster at craft night. For reference, it takes about 2 cocktails to whip one of these up.

geriggs

WKR
KCT does make one for the glock 40. It's the same one I have for the glock 41. Works well.

AZ Vince

WKR
I prefer the Koala Lite as it conceals the handgun and allows me to be armed when I take my pack off.

A few years ago I had a zippered pouch custom made for about $20. It looks like a normal belt pouch, connects via the molle webbing and contains velcro on the inside. From there I use a generic 'wrap holster' from BlackHawk that sticks to the velcro in my pouch...you size it to fit your particular pistol and you're good to go.

Not as quick as an OWB or kydex type, but it keeps it hidden, out of the elements and right where you need it.

Another option is a custom kydex holster. Around my area are several guys making custom kydex and they can fit any gun out there. No worries about a good fit no matter what you're carrying. I've seen a few for 8" barreled .44s and such. Usually these guys are all over facebook.

wyodan

WKR
I've been looking at building that same exact Jimmy Tarp's adapter, now they have saved me the trouble. Especially since I have no idea how to sew. Thanks for the info!

OP
S

Steeliedrew

Lil-Rokslider
I remembered I had an old Blade-Tech in the pants holster, drilled a few holes in it and zip-tied it to the webbing on my waist belt as per a suggestion earlier in the thread. I'll probably order up a KCT soon enough but this will work for now. I also hung a small belt pouch over it. Thanks for that idea bbrown! Pretty dang slick and still plenty of room in the belt pouch. that frees up the other side of the belt for my FHF Gear rino pouch.

511DB9FA-4C5E-4D0B-8ADD-5BB8CD5773F0.jpg