How are you guys setting up your Kifaru 22 Mag?

Looking for some information and pictures on how you guys are running your 22 Mags. It seems like the ways are endless with different pouches and accessories. However I’m sure there are some out there that run this as more than a day pack. What do you add to make it more than a daypack?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marktole

WKR
1163ADDD-902D-4852-A2F3-7FF2B29FAAFB.jpeg

2 medium belt pouches on the outside is enough to get me through a night or two in the mountains for a scouting trip. Anything beyond that, and I’m not hardcore enough. I need more cubic inches.

OP
K
View attachment 156070

2 medium belt pouches on the outside is enough to get me through a night or two in the mountains for a scouting trip. Anything beyond that, and I’m not hardcore enough. I need more cubic inches.

That’s awesome thanks for sharing I really like that setup.

gil_wy

Lil-Rokslider
Nothing special... stock 22 Mag gen 2 w/ organizer lid. Easily get 6-8 days out of this setup w/ tent on the load shelf and sleeping bag attached to the bottom.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I have the 26” frame so there is room underneath the bag to strap items to the frame. I run the Native and two large belt pouches. Easily a 2-3 day pack for me.

OP
K
Nothing special... stock 22 Mag gen 2 w/ organizer lid. Easily get 6-8 days out of this setup w/ tent on the load shelf and sleeping bag attached to the bottom.

Got any pictures of your setup?

OP
K
I have the 26” frame so there is room underneath the bag to strap items to the frame. I run the Native and two large belt pouches. Easily a 2-3 day pack for me.

You wouldn’t happen to have some pictures would you?

Jbehredt

WKR
52420c7e1eda889fe67c76f5de2297c0.jpg

She’s got another medium belt pouch when needed. 3 nights in there. Tent is in my bag.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
You wouldn’t happen to have some pictures would you?

I don’t. The ma deuce is on the frame right now. I’ll be getting ready for some shorter trips in April so I’ll try to get a picture when I swap back over to the 22.

Block

WKR
I’ve mainly used my 22 for day hunts and overnight.. a deboned deer fits inside just fine along with a few other items.. Iv never used the meat shelf but think I could use that and get 3 days out of her if needed...

Attachments

• 94DDFF31-E50B-436E-87EB-E0274EF197D0.jpeg
    94DDFF31-E50B-436E-87EB-E0274EF197D0.jpeg
    640.4 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
I never did it but, I figured I would do the same with my 1st gen 22 mag. So, I had pods8 make me up a 12" by 9" pouch, 4" inches deep that opened with a center zip, that would attach to the molle webbing on the 22 mag. It was for food. My tent went in one side pocket, my quilt strapped to the bottom of the pack, bugle tube in the other pocket. Everything else went in a pocket somewhere. I mocked it up and trained with it fully loaded but, never did it because I have a DT2 that did it so much easier. It was just a temporary thing i toyed with.

With that said, for early elk in first of September, it would have been a very do able thing for 3 days. For summer stuff, it'd be zero problems. You just gotta ask yourself why? If it's because of only wanting to buy one bag, just get the 44 mag. They compress to nothing if not needing the space. And will serve as a day pack and a multiple day pack better then the 22 mag will.

Block

WKR
I never did it but, I figured I would do the same with my 1st gen 22 mag. So, I had pods8 make me up a 12" by 9" pouch, 4" inches deep that opened with a center zip, that would attach to the molle webbing on the 22 mag. It was for food. My tent went in one side pocket, my quilt strapped to the bottom of the pack, bugle tube in the other pocket. Everything else went in a pocket somewhere. I mocked it up and trained with it fully loaded but, never did it because I have a DT2 that did it so much easier. It was just a temporary thing i toyed with.

With that said, for early elk in first of September, it would have been a very do able thing for 3 days. For summer stuff, it'd be zero problems. You just gotta ask yourself why? If it's because of only wanting to buy one bag, just get the 44 mag. They compress to nothing if not needing the space. And will serve as a day pack and a multiple day pack better then the 22 mag will.

^^ haha yeah I say I could get 3 days if I wanted out of my 22,,, but what I will be doing this year is using my 44 on multi day hunts