How are you weighing each charge?

Dzel777

FNG
Hornady auto charge for me. Purchased in 2011 and still performing. Never compared to rcbs for speed but I will say it seems like the rcbs is faster from reports I hear.
I’ll run this one until it gives up!

C9X19

FNG
I used to run the Dillon powder measure on my 650 but now use a Chargemaster 100% of the time for loading rifle rounds. There's a great deal of confidence gained knowing I'm getting exactly the weight I want.

Autotrickler with auyo throw, fx 120 scales.
Fast, more accurate then i need. The good scale is a joy to use
I’ll second this, I use the same setup and while expensive it really cut dowm on my precision reloading time. If you have deep pockets it’s a good investment. If not, my suggestion would be to find a old Lyman/Ohaus M5 or RCBC/Ohaus 10-10.

ChrisA

WKR
Charge master it's a bit slow, I'm about ready to buy a second one to speed up the process. I used to enjoy reloading but now that I'm shooting precision rifle it's become a tedious task.

Chris

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I just use an RCBS Uniflow. Its relatively consistent, but I'm anal so I weigh every single charge on my scale, and then add a couple little grains here and there to get it perfect. But that's for trying to hold under 1/2MOA. I reload for friends and don't weigh every charge like I do for myself.

shooter60

FNG
RCBS beam scale and a trickier for all my rifles I use a spoon to get started and trickle the rest takes a while but worth in my opinion

RCL

WKR
Still using an RCBS beam scale and trickler.
Yes, it is slow but I don't mind.

mmac

WKR
I went to the Chargemaster Lite and wish I had done it sooner. I even use the scale when I only need a couple of rounds and don' t want to load the whole thing. I highly recommend it.

bradb

WKR
I had a gem pro and the response rate is way slow for trickling. Not a bad scale but once you try one of the much pricier good scales you really see the difference. Heck the charge-master with a good scale would work just like the auto trickler, can also scoop powder close like the auto throw does.

Trr15

WKR
I just eyeball it. Pour powder in until it looks like its level with the top of the case, then pound the bullet down in on top of it. :)...Seriously though, RCBS beam scale and electronic scale combo for me. I also use a Redding trickler.

Mosby

WKR
I have a old Bruno powder measure that I use for most of my powders. I throw a load into a small container and pour it onto my PACT scale. I use a Redding trickler for the last few grains. I measure every load for hunting, especially if it is a hot load. For just shooting, the Bruno is accurate enough with most powders that I don't weigh.
When I load IMR powder like 4064, I use a cheap Lee powder measure. It works great for long grain powders.

TP151

FNG
I use the Parker tuned M-5 scale and Target Master. I throw a light charge with a Harrels powder measure then put it on the scale. This system works great and I can do about 50 weighs per hour.

Baron85

WKR
I started with rcbs 10-10 with rcbs throw and trickled. Worked for about a year and got tired of how slow it was. Bought a gempro 250 and played with it for a couple months and didn’t like the lack of consistency, if I picked up and set the powder tray down again I would frequently get different readings. Next I bought a rcbs chargemaster with brass insert. It worked very well for years when the autotrickler came out I jumped on one to help speed up the process.

I have not bought the auto throw yet and most likely won’t, the autotrickler is plenty fast for my uses. I think you need to know a few things before buying a system, how much ammo do you reload at 1 time? How much do you load a year? And what accuracy are you going for?

If you load 20 bullets for hunting season a beam scale and pair of tweezers if your anal is all you need.

If your loading 100’s of rounds at a time and do that monthly then the autotrickler is by far the system!

Shrek

WKR
A Redding beam scale and trickler and a Lee Perfect Powder measure. Throw a charge a couple tenths of a grain low and trickle up to the charge weight. I can charge a case about every thirty seconds. New RCBS beam scales are garbage.

I use an RCBS beam scale. Yes, it is tedious and slow, but very accurate.

Not all that slow when you get into a rhythm - just have to make darn sure the beam scale is level and on solid footing - Been using a Redding BR measure for about 20 years, actually I think it's getting worn out internally - been looking hard at Harrels

7 of the top ten international shooters use a Dillon progressive for all their practice ammo and beam style for comp