How are your preparations coming along? You ready?!

jdmaxwell

WKR
Just gotta pack food and we are ready.
Been training all year since we hunted Idaho this year.

justin84

Lil-Rokslider
Always fine tuning my plan, thanks in part to advice from some generous members on here.

Spending a decent chunk of summer up in rural Wisconsin since were working remotely so I’ve been doing long bike rides every morning, shooting a few arrows at 50 yards every day, in between musky fishing.

Just nailed down driving dates with a friend. Will spend two weeks in WY for my first elk hunt.

Totally new draw area in Co this year for me and my son and daughter. Still working on final spots A - Z. We have bows all tuned up, arrows ready, packs just need to be put together. I have my packing list that has been refined over the last 25 years with a few upgrades every year. We have done these adventure hunts together several times, so we work well together. At 55 my knees are my limiting factor in about everything in my life that requires physical activity. I will get them shot up a week prior to heading out. Loosing last few pounds and working out with my weighted pack. I may not be the fastest to the top of the mountain, but I will get it done. It will be a great hunt! Can not wait! hunting with the best hunting partners - the ones I raised!

I've littered ONX with waypoints. Shooting every day unless I go out of town. New Hoodlum pack on the way, more scouting to come. Activated the InReach 🏹 🏹

11boo

WKR
All my gear is ready. I shoot the bow nightly in the backyard. The physical training is ongoing, and flying a kite is incorporated in my regimen. This one is nearly 7’ And will pick me up if I let it in high winds.

95D0D1DC-2F0B-4EF6-AC7D-B7B5EFA2D531.jpeg288AE9B6-3950-4D27-8301-E7CE15A95E38.jpeg

Gerbdog

WKR
All my gear is ready. I shoot the bow nightly in the backyard. The physical training is ongoing, and flying a kite is incorporated in my regimen. This one is nearly 7’ And will pick me up if I let it in high winds.

View attachment 195844View attachment 195845
Every time I think I'm doing pretty good with my training.... I can always find someone doing something completely humbling to me. Really cool with the kite, is it there just to add a ton of resistance against the wind? I wonder how far you could jump going with the wind.....

PA Archer

FNG
Been trying to jog 2-3 times a week around 2-4 miles per time. Started weight training with 50lbs of horse feed in my pack now so trying to be as ready as i can for Wyoming this year. Plus shooting the bow regularly

11boo

WKR
Every time I think I'm doing pretty good with my training.... I can always find someone doing something completely humbling to me. Really cool with the kite, is it there just to add a ton of resistance against the wind? I wonder how far you could jump going with the wind.....

When the wind gets over 18 mph it gets pretty sporty. The pull of the kite is really strong when it is dead downwind. I’m not going to find out how far it can lift me, but it easily does a couple feet before I turn it out of the wind. I’m pretty careful flying on that rock with a cliff right there. It’s a good hike to get up there too.

FlyGuy

WKR
Making it a goal this year to have everything dialed by July 30th. It’s going to be a stretch to get there but I’m going to give it Hell. There always seems to be some big work project that pops up in August that sucks up all my time and makes it stressful to get all my planning and packing wrapped up.

I’ve still got a lot to do, but ordered all the gear I’m planning to purchase this year, not as much as years past so less of a hassle (mtn stick from mtngear came in today and it is bad-ass! Fresh calls from Phelps, etc). Making a mod to the supertarp/annex so I got that dropped off with a seamstress.

Shooting is coming along. I shot in the yard thru the lockdown, but recovering from a shoulder injury so I just got back to full 70lb draw weight. Max range is not far today, but it keeps getting stronger and groups are getting tighter. (That matrix target came in yesterday and it is sweet! Heavy, but sweet).

Have a good bit of food already but next weekend will start bagging up 12 days worth and get orders placed for anything needed.

Digital scouting needs a lot of attention. 1st time in this unit. I’ve got a lot of hours in but lots more to go. This part may not be done by end of July... I signed up for livesay’s course and man it is A LOT of material to get through. I keep picking up things that I didn’t know, so going to push thru.

You can’t cheat the mountain

I’m nearly there with the gear minus one biggie. Waiting til the 15th to order a SO tipi. Otherwise gear is GTG. Been shooting the bow out to 50 regularly with a couple sessions to 80. Broadheads turned out to 50 and need to stretch that out a little further. About midway through the first of 3 planned cycles of the EXO 4 week workout. Planning is moving along well with a little help from some of the generous members here giving up a little of their time.

first trip back to CO in 12 years so I am pumped.

MTguy0341

Lil-Rokslider
Been shooting my bow nightly. I hunt close to the house and day hunts so not a ton to prep. I've got an archery antelope tag that starts August 15th so thats coming soon. Be some good elk pre-season hunting.