How big are you? How wide is, or was, your quilt?

If you use or have tried a quilt please share.

Your weight/height?
Your shoulder measurement?
How wide is your quilt?
Would you consider it on the narrow side, perfect, a bit wide for your build?
What is the min width that you would be comfortable with (if maybe your quilt is wider than you really need)?

Last edited:
That's a lot of questions! I am 6'4" about 240. Broad shoulders, don't really know my shoulder measurements but wear a 48 long suit jacket.

I use an exped l/w pad which is a 25" pad. I run EE Long / Extra wide quilts. I do not find them too wide. Just about right so I can tuck the sides of the quilt between me and the pad when its really cold.

Hope that helps.

KevinDTX

FNG
If you use or have tried a quilt please share.

Your weight/height?
Your shoulder measurement?
How wide is your quilt?
Would you consider it on the narrow side, perfect, a bit wide for your build?
What is the min width that you would be comfortable with (if maybe your quilt is wider than you really need)?
I’m 6’3” 200 lbs I run a Nemo tensor reg mummy insulated. It is 20” Wide and my shoulders are exactly that wide and arms hang over but if cold I put something underneath arm area. Never been issue. EE revelation, 850, 20 degree, long, wide, 25.25 oz. perfect all round. Would not change a thing. I sleep on back, side, and stomach.

6’3”#250. 50 inch shoulders. 38 waist.

I sleep a 25” wide pad.

I have an EE convert In Long / Xwide that is spec at 84x70 at the shoulders but is 4-6 inches shorter and narrower as a finished product. They state this on their website but it is easy to miss if you scroll past it to the specs on the wider sizes. Finished product is about 79 long and 64-65 wide.

It works fine but I would prefer a bit more width at the shoulders for added draft proctection.

motts

Lil-Rokslider
I'm not a real big guy - 5'9", 180lbs, 42" chest with broad shoulders/athletic build and 34" wasit - and I have a long/wide EE quilt, and large, mummy-shaped, Sea to Summit Comfort Light Insulated pad. I move around a lot when I sleep, and feel like the quilt is pretty much spot on. I feel like the pad is longer than I need it to be, but I wouldn't want it to be any narrower in the shoudlers.

Danimal

Lil-Rokslider
6’3 235 running an EE regular long quilt. Too narrow for me, need a wide in a bad way. Don’t like mummy bags so want to stay with a wide quilt. Nemo wide sleep pad is nice though.

6’2”, 210 pounds, athletic build with a 46 inch chest, 34 waist. I sleep on a 20” pad with a long/wide hammock gear quilt (55in wide at the top). I have no complaints about the sizing, seems to fit me really well, although I don’t think I’d want it any narrower.

I’m watching this as I am getting ready to buy my first quilt. Very amazed at how many big guys sleep in regular width mattresses. I am only 5’10 180 and I can’t stand those 20” mats. Wondering if going with a wide pad is a no brainer for a guy like me who is already using a wide mat

LionHead

WKR
5'10" 275-300# depending on season/sport. I'm basically a boxy cave troll.
2x-3x shirts. 56 suit coat I think.

EE revelation 20* regular, Xwide is perfect for tucking under shoulders. They can't make the Apex that wide so I use a HPG serape as a warm weather quilt, glassing jacket or take em both if i know it's gonna be cold (12-14* was coldest I did in that configuration).

Never liked the confines of a sleeping bag too restricted. But Mountain hardware made a hyperlamina wide/reg bag I liked the fit of it but the temp rating was off and was bulkier than I wanted. Used to stuff into a kifaru medium 5 string sack. Now my quilt, pad and foam pillow all fit in that same sack.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

LionHead

WKR
Also xtherm, or Nemo vector wides. I'd try that 30" pad but I don't need 80" long just the width. I usually prop some gear or pack to one side to collect my elbows when they fall off the pad.

Last time I used a standard 20" pad was in a fart sack with a woodie, never again

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk