How big do Coyotes get in SW CO?

Wolf_trapper

Lil-Rokslider
Western coyotes average under 30lbs. Wolves 80+- 10lbs here. Eastern coyotes do get a lot bigger. Im sorry but I don't believe anybody about wolf sightings unless they can show me tracks with size reference.

Jr4

Lil-Rokslider
Western coyotes average under 30lbs. Wolves 80+- 10lbs here. Eastern coyotes do get a lot bigger. Im sorry but I don't believe anybody about wolf sightings unless they can show me tracks with size reference.
Ever seen a black coyote? With two grey ones with it and howls, with the non mistakable wolf howl ?

505Wapiti

WKR
I’d just chalk it up to a big coyote. About 5 yrs ago in the SW Colorado region I found a group of really big coyotes as well. But, there weren’t any wolves in the state at that time so they were just big coyotes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m not knocking your response, I’m just always dumbfounded at the statement that “there weren’t any wolves in the state at the time”. Do you truly believe there was a time when wolves didn’t exist at all and were completely extinct in the vast wilderness areas of Colorado? I can’t get on board with the idea that there was ever a time when there weren’t any. I’ve shot more coyotes than I can count and I’ve seen wolves in places in NM where there “aren’t any”.