How can I become a better hunter?

TheGDog

WKR
Scout multiple Zones!!!

Also of note? Just because you might luck out and have success in an area for a number of seasons in a row. Don't be so naive as to think that will continue! As someone else on here told me... deer change things up too! Who knows what the reason is. Maybe a predator moved in? Maybe human pressure went up because somebody posted a vid and others recognized the area? Maybe the available forage in that area had a downturn?

Also... a very real concern out here in CA... make sure you have MULTIPLE spots you're scouting throughout the year, in different zones. So that way... if last minute they pull some stupid isht like close the road going into there to traffic, because they just-so-happened to pick the beginning two weeks of the season to mysteriously want to do that repair work (Yeah Right! Tell me somebody didn't plan that isht in order to have that area all to themselves! Don't think we don't know better you AHoles!)... that way you're not caught with your pants down and screwed out of all that hard work you put in scouting during the year!

And different zones so in case they decide to close Zone X... you dodged a bullet by also having scouted in Zone Y. I cannot express to you in human words the insane amount of rage you'll feel when these Aholes go and do "D" moves like this.

On a slightly more serious note, I hunt in northern MN (hometown) this year we were skunked on whitetail deer. More or less the same group also hunts in central WI. We did great again down there this year. We're certainly not magically better hunters, there is better hunting. You might need to move on from those areas...

rtkbowhunter

Lil-Rokslider
WRT to your neighbor, the selective, successful OTC guy. Have you ever walked over, handed him a beer and aksed if you could pick his brain a while about elk hunting? Just share some of what you do and don't do. You're not looking for GPS coords, honey holes, etc, just some general tips on what you're doing right AND what you're doing wrong. Might be surprised.

I love watching archery elk hunting on Youtube. For entertainment. There have been several guys on forums that have been more than helpful n getting me started. This forum and others can be (and is) a gold mine of info. Read, read, dig, make some friends here. May or may not get any spots, but what you will get is how to find your spots.