How crazy will CO Archery OTC be 2021?

Seeing that each state is seeing record applicants this year, I’m curious as to how insane Colorado archery otc will be this year, if I don’t draw a tag elsewhere Colorado otc archery will be high on my list of backup options

CoHiCntry

WKR
I think the OTC rifle seasons will be affected the most?

It seems like most guy’s who take the time to start archery hunting, hunt every year or dang near. Archery isn’t something you just pick up real quick.

Archery season is kinda a zoo every year depending where you’re at.

Gerbdog

WKR
I expect plenty of hunting pressure, just like last year, and the years prior. How crazy will it be? Depends. If you go take the trail head back to "insert blue lake name here" and camp around said blue lake name with every other hunter from every corner of the world... yea.... you'll be bumping into each other a lot and bumping the elk out of the valley. It's a big state with lots of public land, the elk dont pack up and move over seas, they just move away from all the hunting pressure.

id450

WKR
Agreed, all these pod cast, Go hunt , Instagram , youtube etc...I think have ruined western hunting i many ways. , for sure OTC. You used to have to look through regs and put actual effort in. We’re even seeing the effects of it in AZ. This year Great OTC units are being converted to draw. I don’t worry to much about pressure. But tags are becoming an issue.
That said I’m thankful for forms like this and helpful people when we do have a question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve talked with my hunting partners about this. As we almost always do one out of state hunt. I think it’s going to be nuts in CO and here’s why. CO is the first state you come to, if traveling from anywhere east of CO, which offers otc tags. With the ID shake up this year I feel like that is going to disperse guys to other states, and if you aren’t already in the point game CO is the only option for a guaranteed tag. I also imagine there is a number of guys who have taken their stimulus checks and squirreled them away for hunting season. I don’t think this will be limited to archery. Any OTC tags in CO.

Less travel + tags + extra $ = crazy

Just my opinion, I’ll still be out hunting

Gerbdog

WKR
I’ve talked with my hunting partners about this. As we almost always do one out of state hunt. I think it’s going to be nuts in CO and here’s why. CO is the first state you come to, if traveling from anywhere east of CO, which offers otc tags. With the ID shake up this year I feel like that is going to disperse guys to other states, and if you aren’t already in the point game CO is the only option for a guaranteed tag. I also imagine there is a number of guys who have taken their stimulus checks and squirreled them away for hunting season. I don’t think this will be limited to archery. Any OTC tags in CO.

Less travel + tags + extra $ = crazy

Just my opinion, I’ll still be out hunting

seems like a fair assessment, and CO was packed last year even with significant others who probably kept their hunting partners home during the lockdowns, a lot of those hunting partners should be freed up this fall. I expect a TON of people in general to be out in the mountains again this year just in general, fishing, hiking, camping, etc.

As you said, end the day, wont affect me, ill still be out hunting either here in CO for my own elk or calling for family down in NM if they manage to break their bad luck streak, even as residents, down there and get a tag or two