How did you get your handle?

Titaniumman

Lil-Rokslider
I meant to ask if you were sportin' ortho hardware too :) At least it's a good story...apprehending an armed robber?? Sounds like the tag line for a superhero to me "TITANIUMMAN!" :)

I was a patrol sergeant at the time. It was my job, no super hero here :)

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Mine is an old hockey nickname. Combines the first letter of my name with my last name.

Yukondog

WKR
9 yrs ago I got as a wedding gift from my Dad a high octane trail lab. I trained him, ran him in tests earning him Hunting Retriever Champion right before age three. I put countless hours into training. I was very passionate about it. Then family life with kids snuck up on me and I have not ran him in a test for 5 years. This dog as taken me all over giving me a life time of memories. Thousands of miles travel and the number of birds retrieved is way up there.

His registered name is Chum's Semper Fi Gamegetter. As you know Semper Fi is Latin for Always Faithful. His name is Yukon. Named after my honeymoon where we spent time in the Yukon territory. Bang!

Mine's intentionally mispelled. The original Phineas Gage was a railroad man in the 1800's that had an iron tamping rod blown through his head when he was setting dynamite. It destroyed his left temporal lobe of his brain and changed his personality from a nice guy to a foul-mouthed a-hole.

"The equilibrium or balance, so to speak, between his intellectual faculties and animal propensities, seems to have been destroyed. He is fitful, irreverent, indulging at times in the grossest profanity (which was not previously his custom), manifesting but little deference for his fellows, impatient of restraint or advice when it conflicts with his desires, at times pertinaciously obstinate, yet capricious and vacillating, devising many plans of future operations, which are no sooner arranged than they are abandoned in turn for others appearing more feasible. A child in his intellectual capacity and manifestations, he has the animal passions of a strong man. Previous to his injury, although untrained in the schools, he possessed a well-balanced mind, and was looked upon by those who knew him as a shrewd, smart businessman, very energetic and persistent in executing all his plans of operation. In this regard his mind was radically changed, so decidedly that his friends and acquaintances said he was "no longer Gage."

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
My handle with my fathers camp is 3Scar, reason being something a few will be familiar with. Lesson learned early with a borrowed 7mm and in the rain. The eye relief on this borrowed rifle was not set for me and needless to say I carry 3scars between the eyes from that day many years ago. The ELKHUNTERFROMHELL was given to the trio of myself, brother and hunting partner many years ago from an old timer in North Idaho. He would sit in his tree stand and could hear us from miles chasing bugling bulls many years back. We met him at an achery shoot years later, and he gave us the handle and it has stuck.

Pueblo

FNG
My love of the Pueblo Mountains in Oregon...a small jewel of a great basin range with incredible wildlife, geology and vistas.

billy molls

Super Moderator
Dang, I wish I had a handle to go with a cool story like these. I am named after my Grandfather. My parents almost named me after my other grandpa, "La Vern"!!!!!! I am glad to be "Billy". Ha!