How do floorless guys stay dry???

sneaky

"DADDY"
LOL spiders generally just get flicked off while you are sleeping but sometimes they make it in the ear which makes flicking them off a little more like beating your self up in the dark!
I know that most won't hurt ya but last year in the Gila I was fixing to jump into the sleeping bag and I just happened to see some movement next to the top of the bag and darn if it wasn't a huge black widow....big....black...and shiny!! I have had a lot of bugs on me at night but I can tell you that I was freaked out when I saw her. I have never seen a BW in the woods here in NM but over the next 10 days I saw at least 6 more, I picked up a rock and one was on the rock, I was going to lean against a big juniper and sure enough there was a big BW just waiting for me to lean next to her, it seemed like everywhere I went there was a BW........I am sure that next time I am there I will be thinking of those black suckers.

What is even more bothersome lately is the chiggers that have been moving into the Gila, I would hate to set the tipi on a bunch of those blood suckers which is why I use a Borah bivy and I keep it zipped all the time. The last 2 years I have been eaten alive while out hunting in the Gila but I think it was always from taking naps under trees.

Sorry OP, I know your thread is about staying dry but there is so much more than that.

I have never got wet in the tipi from ground water, condensation rain..... yes I have been wet, I hardly ever leave the liners at home anymore and I also put a lightweight tarp under the sleeping gear just incase
Permanone is your friend. Kills everything that gets on you, and lasts through multiple washings. Treat your clothes before season, and go hunt. You can treat your bivy with it too.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk