How do Hoffman boots fit compare to X?

Hello,

I am thinking of trying the Hoffman Explorer or the Hunter. I am hoping someone that has the Hoffmans, also has or has tried one the boots below so they can give me a point of reference. I am interested in stiffness, toe box, heel, ect. compared to any of the below.

Boots I have or have tried:
  1. Zamberlan 1014 Lynx
  2. Zamberlan 1005 Hunter Pro
  3. Zamberlan 980 Outfitter
  4. Zamberlan 981 Wasatch
  5. Zamberlan 1025 Tofane
  6. Hanwag Trapper Top
  7. Hanwag Alaska
  8. Hanwag Alaska Winter
  9. Hanwag Sirus II
  10. Kenetrek Mountain Extreme 400
  11. Crispi Wild Rock
  12. Crispi Summit
  13. Schnee's Granite 600
  14. Lathrop & Sons Mountain Hunter Elite
  15. Scarpa Charmoz
Any input is appreciated.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
the stiffness would be similar to the kennes and crispi, toe box in the Hoffman’s a little bigger than the kennes, I found the heal in the kennes to be narrower that the Hoffman’s and Crispis, ankle support better in Hoffman’s than kennes but not as good as Crispis.....all very good boots and would say due to individual feet would need to find the one that fits your feet best..... @robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
the stiffness would be similar to the kennes and crispi, toe box in the Hoffman’s a little bigger than the kennes, I found the heal in the kennes to be narrower that the Hoffman’s and Crispis, ankle support better in Hoffman’s than kennes but not as good as Crispis.....all very good boots and would say due to individual feet would need to find the one that fits your feet best..... @robby denning

I knew you’d know. Thanks man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrench

WKR
I too have the Hoffman and Crispi and can't disagree with Ross.

If they fit you on day one....you'll not be sorry.

324matt

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered a pair of explorers and cowboy packers at the same time.
Both fit perfect.

Thanks for all the boot info, I hadn't even heard of a couple of these brands. Look well built but bulky. Will have to get my feet in a few pair and see how they feel.

kpk

WKR
I had the Hoffmans and Zamberlan 980 (981) at my house at the same time. The Hoffmans definitely had more volume in them. They were both very well built if they work for you.