Votes: 13 11.5%
  • Aeropress

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Chemex

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Percolator

Votes: 5 4.4%

• Total voters
At home/office its a regular Mr. Coffee with an auto start timer.

While hunting, its a couple Folgers singles packets (the tea bags, not the instant grounds). Dump some hot water from my jet boil into my mug, hang the packets down into the mug and close the lid on the strings and give it a few mins.

EJDXT21

Lil-Rokslider
Also watch the water temp. Too hot will make the coffee bitter. Medium to light roasts generally are good in the 205-209 range, darker roasts a little less, probably 195-200.

kid44

Lil-Rokslider
Have gotten away from the Keurig due to sanitary issues, have gone to Aeropress, pour over and occasional French press. Would like a Chemex but see no difference between that and a V60 pour over funnel.

Eyeman

FNG
Home....regular ol coffee maker.
Camper or truck trips....nice big perculator for the whole camp.
hiking or going light....Jet boil with folgers instant packet.
Lazy....gas station

OP
SteveAndTheCrigBoys
What also made a difference for me is using whole beans and a good grinder. Get an adjustable burr grinder for more consistent grind. Use course grind for French press and medium to medium-fine for pour-over.
My cheap grinder died on me so I went "buy once cry once" with a 1Zpresso JX grinder. That thing is pretty sweet. Way more consistent and faster than the cheapo.

Also, added percolator to the poll. Need to look into what those are since is sounds like you can make bigger batches...

This right here. 10 cup in 4 mins. Super simple. Stays hot and ready just add water and close the lid. The reservoir is pre heated so it’s instantly hot. The stainless pot keep coffee hot for several hours. Plus it doesn’t burn the coffee like a hot plate. If you want keep it real hot prefilled the pot with hot water and pour that into the top, then the pot is already hot and won’t take the heat from the coffee. Warning : it’s hot! Lol. If you buy beans just be sure to grind fine. Otherwise the coffee could come out weak. If they are fine ground it tastes just like the expensive drip style coffee pot I have. And one of the best features is pouring from the pot is essentially spill proof unlike my old pot where you either pour slow or it siphons back and drips all over the floor. My good friend sold me on this and I’m happy! Just have to scale it every 3 months or so bc the water stays hot at all times. When you leave for vacation just flip the switch off on the side. Easy peasy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EJDXT21

Lil-Rokslider
My cheap grinder died on me so I went "buy once cry once" with a 1Zpresso JX grinder. That thing is pretty sweet. Way more consistent and faster than the cheapo.

Also, added percolator to the poll. Need to look into what those are since is sounds like you can make bigger batches...
I bought one similar to that for travel and camping. Not sure on the brand but it was cheap, like 20-30 bucks. So far its been good though. I put a fancy electric burr grinder on my Amazon wish list. Guess nobody looked at it last year though :(

wayoh22

WKR
For those of you who use a Keurig, the reason your coffee sucks is because there's 10-11g of coffee grind in a pod. Go cut one open and weight it if you don't believe me.

Chemex on my end everyday

JoeDirt

WKR
41B110DE-4460-49E6-A3AD-F9E7DF87EF85.jpegFresh pictures as I read this thread, home or camping I use a Stanly French press it makes around 48oz of coffee.

JoeDirt

WKR
Looks like it makes 40oz of milk and 8oz of coffee lol! Juuusst kidding!
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to comment on my cream, 13 mins....haha Just a splash of heavy cream!

48oz uncut pure black gold ;)

Rick M.

WKR
IMO, don't do pour-overs, Chemex, French press, etc. unless you buy fresh beans and grind them right before brewing.

I have the V60 and the Cafec Flower, and love them both. I got rid of the Chemex because brewing anything other than large batches always gave inconsistent results.

You guys wanna talk beans? That may be worth a thread of its own. Some of my favorites are:
  • Proud Mary
  • Counter Culture
  • Onyx
  • Heart

Some things in life are worth being a snob about. I love good coffee.

Roofer1

Lil-Rokslider
Some serious coffee people around here. I go Bunn maker with Dunkin Doughnuts grounds

Instant is my preferred. Boil water and dissolve. People think it's terrible, but I kinda like it

Roofer1

Lil-Rokslider
Instant is my preferred. Boil water and dissolve. People think it's terrible, but I kinda like it
Same when I'm camping/hunting. Don't wanna sound like a city slicker but the single serve Starbucks jobbers aren't half bad.

Rick M.

WKR
Same when I'm camping/hunting. Don't wanna sound like a city slicker but the single serve Starbucks jobbers aren't half bad.

Are you talking about Starbucks Via packets? If so, I completely agree. For instant coffee, I was really impressed with them. They're perfect for backpack hunts.

JJJ

Lil-Rokslider
One thing to consider is the plastics in any operation. This is what caused me to go ceramic pour over 10 years ago.
Hot water and Chinese plastic is a sure fire way to elevate your estrogen levels.
Also the electric water kettle - I found only one that doesn’t have any plastic. It’s all glass + the ceramic pour over means zero plastics in my morning routine.