How do you carry your 56's?

mlgc20

WKR
When not in use, how do you carry your 15x56 binos? Do you just put the lens caps on and throw them in your backpack? Do you put them in some sort of case or bag? My 10x50s just go in my AGC harness without the lens caps. Haven't figured how best to carry the 56's. My Leupold BX-5s came with a case. But, the case is useless. It's just not big enough. What are you guys doing?

OneSkinnyHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I use the carrying bag that came with my 15x56's (grabbed this image off google)

Jordan Budd mentions how she stores them in one of her videos on the Hoodlum (watch at 5:10)

bag.PNG

I have the Meostar 15x56 HD and I keep them in the soft wool case they came in when they are in my pack. The lens covers work well but I won't take the risk of something else in the pack rubbing up against the binos in the pack and scraping the glass if the little rubber lens cap comes off. Since the case is soft it doesn't take up any space or weigh anything.

When not in use, how do you carry your 15x56 binos? Do you just put the lens caps on and throw them in your backpack? Do you put them in some sort of case or bag? My 10x50s just go in my AGC harness without the lens caps. Haven't figured how best to carry the 56's. My Leupold BX-5s came with a case. But, the case is useless. It's just not big enough. What are you guys doing?

Not to change the subject, but how do you like those BX-5 15’s? Seems to be the ticket for where I’m at in CA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
mlgc20

mlgc20

WKR
Not to change the subject, but how do you like those BX-5 15’s? Seems to be the ticket for where I’m at in CA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are great. Now that you can get them for around $1K, I think they are a steal in the 56 market. I wouldn’t have gone with them at the original MSRP of around $1800. But, for a grand, they ended up being a pretty easy choice.

I carry them in the swarovski case that comes with them with lens covers on.

I tried a marsupial large but they were too tight to grt in and out quickly and too big and heavy to have on my chest. They are a specialized tool to me only to be used on a tripod so the factory case works well for me. I just put it in my pack and have not had any issues.