How do you carry your bow?

Sight on one side of my neck, stabilizer on the other with the bow resting on the pack. If you're just walking it stays put pretty well and always easy to get to. To me it beats having to hold onto it all day
i do the same thing when walking. when glassing though i use the marsupial gear bow hanger hooks and they are probably the best 12$ i ever spent. game changer for still hunting and spot n stalk.

bsills

FNG
Lots of good ideas. I had forgotten about bow spider. I thought it looked great when I first saw it, must not be good if it didn’t take off. Going to do more research on the Montana bow sling.

Side question what about if your packing in horseback or hunting horseback. How do you carry your bow?

tuk

FNG
I use those wire tie type things. Put them through the riser and attach to pack. If i am not holding it usaully hold though

bow-hunt

FNG
Hi All,

Last year I went bow hunting for the first time in the rocky mountains. The terrain was pretty rough and I soon realized a new/lighter bow was needed. In addition I'm trying to figure out the best solution for attaching to my pack. I have a kifaru backpack and was just wondering how some of you would attach yours? I don't mind carrying going uphill, but getting a little old to carry downhill, especially with a load of meat.
I use a Jakt Gear My Sling-a-ling. I've been using them for about 3 years. Great bow sling!

bsnedeker

WKR
I don't mind carrying going uphill, but getting a little old to carry downhill, especially with a load of meat.

With meat in the pack there is NO WAY i'm attaching my bow to my pack. It's hard enough getting a 90+ lb load on and off without having to worry about banging up my cams. I carry my bow in my hand if I'm hauling out meat, but have been interested in the Montana Bow Sling...that might work.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

I use the same bow, with the same pack, however my method is much more refined…..I plop it on the ground. The quiver and sight keep the string up at a decent degree. Been doing this since I owned the bow. $1000 hunk of metal
Should be able to take some
Abuse.
I’ve done the same. But for zero cost and effectively zero weight I prefer the little hook. Especially if it’s muddy.

Lots of good ideas. I had forgotten about bow spider. I thought it looked great when I first saw it, must not be good if it didn’t take off. Going to do more research on the Montana bow sling.

Side question what about if your packing in horseback or hunting horseback. How do you carry your bow?
Those bow spiders seem gimmicky to me. Plus you have to use a stabilizer (I don’t) and add extra crap to your bow (no thanks). They also weigh well over 4 ounces IIRC. Maybe closer to 8 ounces. I bought a lightweight bow for a reason.

I also use the strap off an old duffle bag and tie a paracord loop at each end, go around the riser and snap back to itself. Cheap, simple, light and helps stabilize while using my binos.

I balance my bow for carrying and shooting. Most bows are top heavy so I attach my quiver to the bottom. I almost always carry my bow via hand on grip. If my bow is not balanced it puts a lot of torque on my forearm and kills me on long hunts.

I use bow spider and really like it. I have one mounting plate on the back of my mystery ranch as well as one on the side of the hip belt. Gives me multiple carrying options depending on what I’m doing. And it’s super quick for me to draw it from either position.

WMag338

WKR
99% of time it's in my hand. Usually when it's on your pack is when you need it. Also, my release is always on my wrist.

On flat ground, i'll sometimes put it on my shoulder while one hand holds my front stabilizer.