How do you carry your inreach?

Austink47

WKR
How are people carrying their Garmin inreach? I have the explorer and am looking for a good pouch. Something that can be moved from pack to pack or possibly attached to my bino harness.

Who is happy with their setup?

Mine is in the accessory pocket inside my guide lid on my pack. Only time I take my pack off is at camp or when I am sitting down taking a break or lunch. I wanted it the outer most part of my pack. I guess I would have to take my pack off to get to it in an emergency so I am hoping that I am not in such bad shape that I cannot achieve this. My first aid kit is also in my guide lid for the same reasons, what it to be as readily accessible as possible.

rklein

Lil-Rokslider
I usually carry it in the lid of my pack, bluetooth connection to my phone which serves as GPS and camera. I've learned the hard way not to drop my pack, back tracking is never fun. It gets good connection there. I position it in the lid pocket of the pack so when I lay the backpack(back side down), the antenna faces up. This has worked well for me to send/receive messages without having to mess with the actual device itself. You can also leave it plugged into your battery pack this way, if needed.

K

Kootenay Hunter

I kept mine in my pack, but the more I think about it, on a shoulder strap or belt pouch might be a good idea....if you're really f'd up and you need it, nice to be accessible, it would be agonizing to be just out of reach...

OP
A

Austink47

WKR
I kept mine in my pack, but the more I think about it, on a shoulder strap or belt pouch might be a good idea....if you're really f'd up and you need it, nice to be accessible, it would be agonizing to be just out of reach...
That is what I have been thinking. Adam Foss was talking about when he or a buddy broke his leg on a hunt and that if he had been by himself he would not have been able to get it out of his pack.

colonel00

WKR
I keep mine in the elastic top of my AGC. Works great as I wear the AGC more than my pack.

^^^This. Put it on your bino pouch or whatever you'll always have with you. The AGC bino pouches have the nice elastic bands on top that hold an inReach perfectly. Plus, it still gets exposure to the sky for tracking or messages if you need.

K

Kootenay Hunter

I keep it in an FHF pouch on my bino harness. When I drop my pack, it’s always with me.

Just got a FHF this year, my previous harness did not have the side pouches, that's what I'll use and just tether it so I don't lose it!

87TT

WKR
I use a Velcro strap to attach mine to my bino harness. Keeps the screen protected and the light from the screen from shining out. The strap goes through the belt clip on the Inreach and a strap on the bino case.

Dakhunter

FNG
Plan to get an InReach mini next week. Great question on where to carry. Probably shoulder strap, just don't want it to get ripped off traveling through debris.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

WTFJohn

WKR
Side pocket of my AGC. You leave your pack to shit, you leave your pack 'just to glass from that rock', just to go chase a bugle/animal near camp, etc... For me the harness is on when I wake up and off when I sleep, with the only gaps being when I change layers. I pair it with my phone and Instinct watch as well.

Last edited:

michihunt

Lil-Rokslider
I keep mine in a Mystery ranch quick draw GPS holster on my hip belt. I ran it on my shoulder strap of my pack for a while but it always seemed to be in the way. I have put it in the elastic on my AGC bino harness too but don’t really trust it on long hikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk