How do you carry your stuff in?

For those that have not tried it, give the use of a tree saddle some honest consideration. I hunt public land exclusively and in order to get away from the masses, I've normally got at least a mile to walk in and often as much as three. For me, that mandates butchering in place and packing the meat out. I carried a lone wolf and three muddy sticks strapped to a stripped down Cabelas pack frame. The lone wolf had a waist belt and shoulder straps on it as well so if I was successful, I packed out the deer first and came back for the stand. Also, carrying all that crap so far in September usually resulted in me being soaking wet by the time I was sitting in a tree. Alot of the fun was just sucked out of the endeavor.
I tried one of the original Trophyline tree saddles and knew the concept had great merit but found the saddle cumbersome and less than comfortable. When companies like Aero Hunter and Tethrd began to offer more streamlined solutions, I made the jump and will never carry a treestand again.
I carry just one stick (homemade lightweight), saddle, and associated ropes/hardware. My saddle incorporates an integral climbing harness so it is heavier than any commercial models but is still only 4 pounds. I do the "one-stick" method to climb and rappel down. The saddle plus all the other stuff is only 8 pounds. I carry everything in a MR Sawtooth and, even with cold wx gear and meat, can easily get everything out in one trip.
A couple of major added benefits include the ability to hunt from practically any safe tree, and being able to quickly get up the tree and set up without feeling like you just finished a crossfit WOD.
I sold all my stands 3 years ago.
I've not posted much here because I came to learn and you do that by listening. I only offer this because it totally changed the level of enjoyment I get from deer hunting and I felt maybe I could share something in return for what this forum has given me.

DWinVA

WKR
EXO for me....saddle & sticks equals less weight. Been one-sticking during the late season so that’s even less to carry.

God Bless.

I have a Summit Viper. Day pack is a small back pack. Bungee cords hold pack and outer layers.
If I’m lucky and bag a deer dragging with all that on my back SUCKS! Here in Pa you can’t field butcher.
Now I’m usually hunting my own land so drags are only 1-2 miles at most.

I know this is an old comment, but where does it say that you cannot field butcher? I thought as long as you had the tag/head and could prove sex then it was okay?

summit viper ult with shoulder straps. all my gear in a back pack that i strap to the back of the climber. works like a dream. sucks if you have to go further than a mile.

nal5080

FNG
I use a Hornhunter Main Beam pack. I pack all my heavy clothing into the pack and cinch my sticks / saddle platform onto the back of the pack using the cinch straps.

.30WCF

FNG
I know this is an old comment, but where does it say that you cannot field butcher? I thought as long as you had the tag/head and could prove sex then it was okay?

Yeah, last time I hinted up there on my pops place it was about 200 yards from where the deer fell from our tuck and camp site. Not much changed from the time I tagged the deer to the time we cleaned it but 200 yards of woods. But we were still out in the woods a couple days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NME

FNG
Like others have said, I go as light as I can with assault lone wolf with sticks and a phanny pack but if I take a day pack that is hung on my tree stand. Try to keep everything to a minimum so I can get in and out quick.

Nate

Clovis

Lil-Rokslider
Lone Wolf climber with XOP shoulder straps and hip belt, strap day pack on with bungees. I have tried using a backpack with a load shelf for the stand but found it to be too fiddly and less stable.

SoDaky

WKR
Season dependent for me and of course varies if carrying a stand/sticks.Early season no stand=fanny pack.
Early with stand etc I use the stand straps and a small 'book bag' bungied on.
Mid season Kifaru Reckoning.
Late season the old style bag Heater Body Suits came in I guess.Never owned a body suit but on my second bag they make.Carries everything,bibs,whatever.They will make and sell separate.