How do you carry your stuff in?

FLAK

WKR
I actually prefer a climber. I'm too old to get my monkey on with a Hang-on. I just carry a small folding saw to get rid of small branches on the way up. Much easier and quieter for me to sneak in before light and get set up in a new spot with a climber.

I use a turkey vest with the sticks in the back pouch. The front pockets are also good for carrying other equipment.

RichP

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Summit Viper. Day pack is a small back pack. Bungee cords hold pack and outer layers.
If I’m lucky and bag a deer dragging with all that on my back SUCKS! Here in Pa you can’t field butcher.
Now I’m usually hunting my own land so drags are only 1-2 miles at most.

shaunpm22

FNG
I try to use the smallest pack possible so as to make less noise. It also depends on the length of the hunt and how far I am going to be from the truck if I bag one; I dont want to make another trip to grab something needed to dress and carry out.

sad_story

FNG
I switched to Saddle, so barely carry anything. So if anyone is looking got a Sitka Tool Bucket in forest camo, pm me.

RichP

Lil-Rokslider
If I'm using a hang on stand I hang them pre season. If going mobile I use a Summit climber with a small day pack bungee to the stand. Dragging a deer with all that on your back sucks. I hunt mostly on pre hung hang on stands these days.

Elkhntr08

WKR
A Blacks Creek fanny pack then my LW climber over that. Can take the stand off at the tree and climb. Never have to take the pack off until I’m set in the tree. Pack has small pouches that I can reach for the pull rope and tree lanyard. Also have a small saw on the belt for that pesky little branch.

mikear

Lil-Rokslider
Going to try a Mystery Ranch popup 28 this year for my Summit Viper and various hang-ons with 4 LW sticks.

XOP Maximus
d10e4ba068e30bb5c5fe4678d3dd1d8e.jpg

Summit
6792829bfaf117ccc0c9b32c3ffffdd4.jpg

Last edited:

unclerichie724

Lil-Rokslider
Lightweight summit treestand and bungee my day pack to it. I bought nice shoulder straps and it works great!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I run a summit viper ultimate. I keep all my stuff in a backpack which I strap to the back of the back. Essentially resting on the bottoms frame and using the waist traps I wrap them around the arms of the frame and clasp them together Stays in place. And no noise!

gtj96

FNG
molle straps on the tree stand, then put the back pack on the treestand, using the shoulder straps and the chest buckle

bmcgee

FNG
I will wear a waste pack, pack over stand on my back, or wear my backpack reverse on my front walking in.

CMF

WKR
Got a Mystery Ranch Metcalf this year for an elk hunt so now I have it on my Summit Open Shot. Haven't tried it yet on my Viper, but plan to do the same. My HSS harness fits in one half the lid and thermacell, headlight, misc. fits in the other half. When I start bringing calls and snacks for a longer or all day sit, I'll add a waist pack128938

Attachments

• IMG_4412.jpg
    IMG_4412.jpg
    279.3 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_4413.jpg
    IMG_4413.jpg
    324.2 KB · Views: 51

fatlander

WKR
Pants pockets, bino harness or lashed to the stand. You don’t need much stuff to deer hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gjs4

Lil-Rokslider
For short hikes the Mystery Ranch Treehouse works well. For longer hikes I'd look at a Pop Up 28 or even the Pintler.

Have a PU28 for a days worth of gear, my saddle, sticks and small platform ... can haul a butchered buck out too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use my lone wolf climber in any tree,if theres to many limbs i just climb it and hang climber like a hang on.I am wanting to buy a assault to add to the arsenal though.