How do you delete threads and posts?

Swamp Fox

WKR
I can't figure out how to delete a reply after I've typed it out but refrained from posting. So it's sitting there every time I come back to the thread, composed but in limbo ...

The Guide

WKR
Thanks for weighting in on this topic with your valuable input.
I've opted to deleted your post but quoted it so we can both cherish and remember this moment forever.
That guy isn't much of a forum member. He does use the classifieds often but no constructive posts other than a snarky comment every couple years.

Jay

JDZ

WKR
Maybe instead of this bullshit, somebody could just clearly explain how to delete a thread, or lock it, or change the prefix, since that was the original question and I’ve read this thread and still can’t figure it out 2.5 years later.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maybe instead of this bullshit, somebody could just clearly explain how to delete a thread, or lock it, or change the prefix, since that was the original question and I’ve read this thread and still can’t figure it out 2.5 years later.
Three dots at the bottom of your post is where the edit and delete functions are. Can’t edit thread titles or delete your thread, just your replies.
IMG_8386.jpeg

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can't figure out how to delete a reply after I've typed it out but refrained from posting. So it's sitting there every time I come back to the thread, composed but in limbo ...
On my phone I have to select all then delete. Just erasing with the backspace button doesn’t work.

JDZ

WKR
Three dots at the bottom of your post is where the edit and delete functions are. Can’t edit thread titles or delete your thread, just your replies.
View attachment 625464

Thanks. I don’t have the three dots down there, but I do have an edit button for the content of the post. I did find the three dots at the top of threads I created, which seems to allow editing the thread title and changing the prefix in the classifieds. It’s just inconsistent with the classified rules.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks. I don’t have the three dots down there, but I do have an edit button for the content of the post. I did find the three dots at the top of threads I created, which seems to allow editing the thread title and changing the prefix in the classifieds. It’s just inconsistent with the classified rules.
Sorry I just realized it’s a bit different on a desktop. You do get a little more control with your classifieds such as the title and prefix but the ability to delete those hasn’t been around since the big software update several years ago.