How do you fund your hunting trips?

Bljc34

FNG
How does everyone get the funds for their hunting trips? Just your normal jobs, side hustles, stock market?
I have been bitten by the out of state hunting bug and need to find a way to justify it to my wife so I can go every year. LOL I think it would be easier to convince her by finding a way to pay for it without cutting into the household funds.

Rich M

WKR
Plasma seems to run about $100 per bag if yer in good health and trust them pumping stuff in and out of you.

I just allot $x$ and let wife know when I’m going. Usually invite her but she never wants to go. This is DIY stuff, usually about $3k.

advice to op is to save up yer funds then go. If you find a better use for the $ then you didn’t want it that bad.

My wife and i just celebrated 20 years of marriage. When it comes to hunting time and dollars, in my experience you have to give and take. It doesn't have to be "equal", but I just try to make time for her and do my best to ensure she feels appreciated all year long. For her its not so much about how much money I spend, its more about the time away from my 2 busy teenage girls, 4 dogs, and cat.

Fortuantely, we have a ton in common, so I don't suffer any hardships doing "what she wants to do". I'm a very lucky man.

Another "money" thread that's actually about marriage. I ended up deciding hunting and 100% agency over my expendable income was more important, among other issues solved by choosing single life. No kids in my case, YMMV.

A side job is a great way but remember that means more time away from family as well. Are there other things or hobbies you can cut out to save money and put towards hunting trips? Coffee, drinking, tobacco, cable tv?

This ^^^ cut out all debit. Be realistic on what you can do, so if it’s only once every 2 years start there. Take a moment to price out what it really costs just to start getting into the point system game and what the roi on it is, unless you’re planning on otc, but most guys don’t just stop at otc when looking out of state

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poser

WKR
Another "money" thread that's actually about marriage. I ended up deciding hunting and 100% agency over my expendable income was more important, among other issues solved by choosing single life. No kids in my case, YMMV.

giphy.gif

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I've been saving and investing since I was 12. That was 44 years ago, and the only seasons I've missed were because of military obligations overseas. Tithe, save, invest, low debt ratio, and be frugal. I haven't "had" to work in 20 years. The average age of our three vehicles right now is 25 years old, and I haven't denied myself anything that I've wanted over the years.