How do you get dressed....in your tent?

I know it's a weird question but I'm curious what others do when they have these small, lightweight tents? I have a decent Mtn. Hardware tent that's a bit on the heavier side but I feel isn't a big deal. Comfortable, quality built, and very easy to put up. The biggest negative I have though is that I absolutely hate getting dressed laying down. I'm not the smallest guy and also not very flexible. I get cramps, get twisted up and probably sounds like a rodeo in my tent when dressing. This has me looking at tipi tents very closely. The advantages I'm seeing is lighter weight, taller, and a lot more room than full tent. The negatives are floorless (never tried it), money (I'm frugal, not cheap) and packability of a larger sized tipis.

I've been looking at the Cimarron, Silvertip, and similar sized luxe tents. Every time I think I make a decision, I change my mind, then end up saying what I have is fine.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Note: This tent will be used mostly for archery elk in PNW, deer in October in high desert, and a couple of fishing trips in early winter. If I do end up picking a tent, might as well get one with a stove jack......

Thanks in advance!

Moserkr

WKR
I have two tipis, a tall 6 man and a short solo one. Cant stand in the solo, but the tall ones a palace for 2-3 with a stove. Ill stoke the fire before getting up, and get water boiling for coffee. Then when the tipi is toasty warm, sit up and stretch, get my boots on and stand up. Cant beat being able to stand, and be warm. Instant coffee will be ready by the time im done taking a leak and the cold air feels good outside the tipi cause its so hot inside lol. Minus standing, the solo one is great too. Its a seek outside BT2, predecessor of the silvertip. Big ones a tigoat vertex 7.5, its huge.

rayporter

WKR
learned long ago i wanted to stand to dress.
lean over and put a fuel tab in the stove and add some sticks. soon light off stove with water on it and add a coffee pod [one of the ten cup jobs] to a quart of water and wait till its ready. then add some bacon and fixings to a skillet on the wood stove.

well maybe not all that on the first day.

Rodéo

WKR
I normally sleep in my base layers so I can get up and out of tent quicker at first light. I have no experience with a tipi but like others have said, I just kinda deal with it.

The people talking about hot tipi's and bacon/coffee in the morning make me want to try a tipi w/ stove combo but I know I'd be missing first light glassing more times than not if I had those luxuries at camp

rclouse79

WKR
I got super lazy last archery season. I went into my bivy sack with everything on but my boots. It let me get away with a lighter bag and I was ready to rock and roll in the morning.

Jake T

FNG
I got super lazy last archery season. I went into my bivy sack with everything on but my boots. It let me get away with a lighter bag and I was ready to rock and roll in the morning.
I do this. Part of my sleep system includes my clothes so it’s easier to get out of the sleeping bag in the morning.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Just like any other man, one leg at a time
Normally........but in a small tent that you can barely even sit up in let alone stand........it's both legs at the same time. Which isn't that big of a deal......it's a pair of pants. My hunting shirts are collared button-up shirts, so they take a little more effort. But to get it all together and the shirt tucked in, that has to happen outside the tent while standing. After a couple days of that and sleeping on a pad on the ground, I'm ready for my wall tent base camp.

Jn78

Lil-Rokslider
I feel you. My body is all busted up. I am bone on bone in one knee, I have fused vertebrae from a broken neck, and lots of other old injuries, so getting dressed in a small tent can be pretty painful, especially after a few days of working hard. I went to a tipi, which is way better for dressing, getting into and out of, cooking, packing in the morning, ect.

OP
O
I feel you. My body is all busted up. I am bone on bone in one knee, I have fused vertebrae from a broken neck, and lots of other old injuries, so getting dressed in a small tent can be pretty painful, especially after a few days of working hard. I went to a tipi, which is way better for dressing, getting into and out of, cooking, packing in the morning, ect
What tipi tent did you go with? Did you find it larger to pack than you're smaller tent? What negatives did you realize after switching?

Thanks!!!

One of the many reasons I use my Kifaru Tut on every trip. Having the extra room to spread out gear, being able to stand up, stretch, and dress makes carrying the 3.5# shelter easy.

WCB

WKR
Unless it is raining I just step outside and get dressed not sure what the issue it. If it is raining just deal with it.

Mudd Foot

WKR

Same; not lazy efficient IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ajax2744

FNG
I quit trying to get dressed in my tent. I just jump outside get dressed and get back in my sleeping bag if I need to warm back up

Jn78

Lil-Rokslider
What tipi tent did you go with? Did you find it larger to pack than you're smaller tent? What negatives did you realize after switching?

Thanks!!!
I went with a lite outdoors tipi. Yeah, it is larger and heavier than my backpacking tent, but the price was right. I can fit my two toddlers and wife in it in the summer and it is super roomy with one hunting partner and a stove in the winter. I usually spike out within 5 miles from the truck, so weight isn't too big of a deal. If I was moving camp everyday, I would go with something lighter.