How do you get dressed....in your tent?

Werty

WKR
Build a system or routine. I've got mine, it works good for me. Socks, top, then bottom as I get ready to exit, shoes are in vestibule.

ctwert24

FNG
Same issue. Just decided I would wear my clothes to sleep. Depending on how dirty my pants are though.

JR Greenhorn

Lil-Rokslider
I've been looking at the Cimarron, Silvertip, and similar sized luxe tents.
You won't be happy with these types of tents. I have a SO Redcliff, and it's pretty low overhead. You've got to pick your position just to sit up straight. Those tents you mentioned are even smaller. Sounds like a tipi might be your huckleberry.

Fatcamp

WKR
Lots of flailing and grunting. A quick readjust once outside and move on with my day.

The other option is to go outside and get dressed, but I'm not doing that.

*zap*

WKR
easily getting dressed in a small tent is another plus to being lean and in shape.....I can make coffee and breakfast in the vestibule. if you can get dressed in a eureka tcop or ics 2000 your in good physical condition.

Bucky44

FNG
I know it's a weird question but I'm curious what others do when they have these small, lightweight tents? I have a decent Mtn. Hardware tent that's a bit on the heavier side but I feel isn't a big deal. Comfortable, quality built, and very easy to put up. The biggest negative I have though is that I absolutely hate getting dressed laying down. I'm not the smallest guy and also not very flexible. I get cramps, get twisted up and probably sounds like a rodeo in my tent when dressing. This has me looking at tipi tents very closely. The advantages I'm seeing is lighter weight, taller, and a lot more room than full tent. The negatives are floorless (never tried it), money (I'm frugal, not cheap) and packability of a larger sized tipis.

I've been looking at the Cimarron, Silvertip, and similar sized luxe tents. Every time I think I make a decision, I change my mind, then end up saying what I have is fine.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Note: This tent will be used mostly for archery elk in PNW, deer in October in high desert, and a couple of fishing trips in early winter. If I do end up picking a tent, might as well get one with a stove jack......

Thanks in advance!

Bucky44

FNG
Lots of flailing and grunting. A quick readjust once outside and move on with my day.

The other option is to go outside and get dressed, but I'm not doing that.
Just got back 3 days ago from a 7 day Interior Grizzly hunt where my partner managed to forget the tent poles for our large, beautiful, warm Kodiak Tent. Ended up in a 2 man tent AKA a 1/2 man tent. At 76 a learning curve of dressing I do not want to repeat. God I love that Kodiak Tent.

OP, you need to subscribe to Cory Jacobson’s Elk 101. He has an entire module covering this perplexing topic. He has a top 10 list of tips, and #8 will blow your mind!

ianpadron

WKR
This is actually a really good question that I've never seen talked about. Huge reason why I hate small shelters, especially for late season hunts. Trying to get pants and socks on in a shelter you can't stand up in is a total fuggin rodeo, especially when you're usually sore/stiff.

Big reason why my Sawtooth gets the nod 90% of the time.

tttoadman

WKR
Don't discount the tall center pole mids or the 2 pole setups. put a nest in these and you have the best of both. nice room to sit up and cook. My lightweight is the Six Moons Lunar Solo. Set it up as high as you can. The vesti is good enough to have all my stuff in reverse order. Put the door side boot on first and you are good to go.

kevf

FNG
Sthing I do to help me getting dressed without touching too much the soaked walls of my tipi in the early morning is to cut sticks and add them to the side, and attached to the top of the center pole. That provides a bit more room, add no weight as I'm always cutting my center pole and other poles from my surrounding, and help my the interior room.

I have a LBO by Seek Outside, and that is helping with the morning rodeo...