How do you hunt bears?

Hunt them here in PA by covering a lot of ground. I hunted over dogs in Maine a few years back and it was the most fun hunt I have ever had. Going back next year

BAKPAKR

WKR
Does anyone use a fawn call to bring in bears?

I have used a Johnny Stewart variable pitch predator call to call in a few bears. Some of the noises out of it sound like a fawn.

I also had a bear come in when I was cow calling for elk, but I got excited and missed. I called in a mountain lion while cow calling for moose, but I got excited and missed. I had a wolf come in while I was using the Johnny Stewart call, but I got excited and missed.

Hmm, I am starting to see a pattern here 🤔
Maybe calling is too exciting for me.

Bighorse

WKR
I beside myself! Nobody has mentioned wind. Wow.......

Wind, wind, wind........don't be found with your scent anywhere near favorable conditions. That's followed next by don't track up a zone that is favorable. You can't even walk through a bear zone without it knowing you've been there. The eagle sees the leaf fall, the deer hears it, the bear smells it fall!

No bait or hounds allowed where I hunt and the eastern deciduous forest makes spot and stalk impossible. We stillhunt mostly. Work the wind, move quietly and cover miles has been the recipe for success in north Georgia.

Anozira

WKR
I was going to start a new thread and then found this one. For those of you that are calling as your strategy, do you notice a difference in success with mouth calls vs electronic calls?

Goatie

Lil-Rokslider
We have only baited here in Mn. It’s too thick to ever really glass them out on the landscape.

Side note I stopped hunting them due to a bear meat allergy. Weird stuff