How do you lace your Crispi Thors?

I recently bought a pair of Thors and Summits, as I dont have any dealers close by and planned on returning 1. But I couldnt decide so I just kept both. The Thors, at a 4 flex, dont seem quite as stiff as the Summits in a 3 flex - Im assuming after I put some miles in both that will change...I digress

But how are you lacing your Thors? Ive seen there has been quite a few iterations of the lacing system on these and I cant seem to keep my forefoot locked down when I cinch up the ankle loop. The threads Ive found deal with other iterations of the lacing system. Mine are 4 metal lace loops, then an ankle loop, then 2 lace locks. What Im doing now is cinching the ankle loops as best I can and using a double overhand knot to keep tension after the ankle loop, then crossing laces for the upper 2 lace locks. But that double overhand knot tension is digging into my foot. Anyone have any luck finding the right way to lace these things?

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I recently bought a pair of Thors and Summits, as I dont have any dealers close by and planned on returning 1. But I couldnt decide so I just kept both. The Thors, at a 4 flex, dont seem quite as stiff as the Summits in a 3 flex - Im assuming after I put some miles in both that will change...I digress

But how are you lacing your Thors? Ive seen there has been quite a few iterations of the lacing system on these and I cant seem to keep my forefoot locked down when I cinch up the ankle loop. The threads Ive found deal with other iterations of the lacing system. Mine are 4 metal lace loops, then an ankle loop, then 2 lace locks. What Im doing now is cinching the ankle loops as best I can and using a double overhand knot to keep tension after the ankle loop, then crossing laces for the upper 2 lace locks. But that double overhand knot tension is digging into my foot. Anyone have any luck finding the right way to lace these things?

That’s interesting on the double lace locks. Mine only had one which was between the lower and upper lacing. My biggest dislike with the Thors was the lacing system. Their locking eyelet to keep your ankle in place was too high and forward for my liking. The Summit has a much better lacing system IMO. For the stiffness, I know exactly what you mean but I think it feels like that because the Thors are so light and the soles are different. Get them side by side and just flex with your hands and compare. Thors were stiffer when I did it.

But back to the Thors, I could never get them cinched tight enough around my foot so gave up on them. The Colorado would be another good option for a stiffer boot for you if you like the fit of the Summits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
TheBootBowhunting
That’s interesting on the double lace locks. Mine only had one which was between the lower and upper lacing. My biggest dislike with the Thors was the lacing system. Their locking eyelet to keep your ankle in place was too high and forward for my liking. The Summit has a much better lacing system IMO. For the stiffness, I know exactly what you mean but I think it feels like that because the Thors are so light and the soles are different. Get them side by side and just flex with your hands and compare. Thors were stiffer when I did it.

But back to the Thors, I could never get them cinched tight enough around my foot so gave up on them. The Colorado would be another good option for a stiffer boot for you if you like the fit of the Summits.

Thanks for the reply. I just put about 25-30 miles on the Thors over 2 days at the TAC in Park City and I ended up doing a double overhand after ankle loop and I was able to get them dialed in. Honestly couldn’t be more impressed with them. Coupled with darn tough socks and leukotape in my usual hotspots and my feet were a non issue.

Brendan

WKR
Thors don't get stiffer, they're soft as hell. Only fully laced over the ankle boot I've ever sprained an ankle in.

But, they are comfortable if you want a light-hiker type of boot. Almost zero break in, fit great. I still use mine, just not for anything serious.

L&S Mountain Hunter Elite for me this year. Ask me at the end of September if that was a good choice...

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for the reply. I just put about 25-30 miles on the Thors over 2 days at the TAC in Park City and I ended up doing a double overhand after ankle loop and I was able to get them dialed in. Honestly couldn’t be more impressed with them. Coupled with darn tough socks and leukotape in my usual hotspots and my feet were a non issue.

Super pumped they’re working for you. That’s what people need to realize.. just like this, boots are soooo subjective.