How do you organize your gear?

Rich M

WKR
Locker set in garage, safe for pricey stuff, guns and ammo, totes for everything else. Still can;t find whatever it is I'm looking for.

Michael54

WKR
Right now guns in safe, totes per game animal, and hooks for whatever is currently in season. I wouldn't mind finding some sort of metal oversized wardrobe that i could keep everything in and separated

ODB

WKR
Clear boxes by category and bags for things like waders. Hard to keep it organized during the fray because no one wants to put it all back where it belongs, but when you do, the next time you look for something you’ll say, “that dude that keeps all this crap organized is a fricken genius.”

I use the clear boxes/totes also. Many different sizes at Walmart. I prefer the locking lid type for clothes/everyday gear I take with me. Smaller totes for my socks, small gear and game bags/knives etc.

TSAMP

WKR
Old dressers and totes. Frequently curb shop for just the right one.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
I took over a downstairs large closet and have almost all clothes hanging, and various other gear in clear stacked box/shelves. I also have a few card board boxes for random stuff ("Misc Archery", "Misc Guns" etc.) All firearms are in a safe. I have thought about organizing by animal, but there are a few items that I carry in all instances and I'm always wondering "what will you forget this time, dumb a$$?". I've also thought about making lists a few times.... (I read the Checklist Manifesto a few years ago - great book, but I'm not a good disciple.)

Oregonboy

WKR
I use those Home Depot totes, the black and yellows ones for clothes and gear and a gun safe for the firearms. I’ve got 4 totes now:

One for clothes
One for big game gear
One for fishing gear
One for waterfowl gear

It’s easy and stays well organized.

Josh_

FNG
Totes organized based on animal/style of hunting, backpacking gear, camping, etc. Whatever makes sense for what you do.

I prefer several smaller totes over large ones when possible. They are labeled and it’s easy to grab the ones I need. Sometimes the whole thing goes right in the back of my truck.

I use those Home Depot totes, the black and yellows ones for clothes and gear and a gun safe for the firearms. I’ve got 4 totes now:

One for clothes
One for big game gear
One for fishing gear
One for waterfowl gear

It’s easy and stays well organized.
Just be careful, those aren't mouse resistant. Ask me how I know!

I like the Ziplock Brand clear totes with a blue foam seal.

Achigan1

Lil-Rokslider
I use the big black and yellow totes as well - they aren‘t moth proof either. We have a large commercial double door freezer that went kaput - makes a stellar airtight clothes / gear closet. Couple of buddies have picked them up on craigslist for a song since seeing mine.

Surv3003

FNG
Totes. But usually during season it’s passenger & back seat of truck & scattered around basement.

Hondo

WKR
I use the black totes with the yellow lids as well for some gear. They are sturdy and stack better than most, 4 high without issue.

I also use the 108 qt Plano Sportsman Trunks with the wheels on the end. I have several stored in an industrial storage shelf rack that I use/label for different gear kits so I can quickly grab one and load it for transport. For example, I have one loaded with Sitka EVII for elevated archery, another with Open Country for mid to late stalking, etc.

For for micro organization I like to use clear plastic tubs and lightweight sacks/pouches like the Luxe Sil-Zip sacks and the Outdoor Research Backcountry Organizers.

alabamahunt

Lil-Rokslider
Husky are by far the best containers you can get in my opinion. Much more durable than the Plano boxes. They are 100% waterproof ... even on their side in a 6hr downpour in the bed of your truck lol. Durable shell and durable latches and gasket. The black one can hold it all. The yellow top boxes from homedepot are ok for the house but the lid will fly off if you don’t zip tie them shut and will still get water in them. C25F3C80-D731-4943-B741-91215CD9083E.jpeg

Attachments

• 291974C9-318F-4029-919A-AF87840BF5C7.jpeg
    291974C9-318F-4029-919A-AF87840BF5C7.jpeg
    343.8 KB · Views: 62
  • 27B06022-B49C-4C13-8378-336AEBAA0EBB.jpeg
    27B06022-B49C-4C13-8378-336AEBAA0EBB.jpeg
    329.2 KB · Views: 62

Fallow120

FNG
Im still young and poor. Not much to store. I have one tote with fishing stuff, and everything else except weapons and ammo fits in my pack when not in use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

outdoor_matt

Lil-Rokslider
Small 11 liter rubbermaid totes for my smaller gear (electronics, misc hunting accessories,). Small, medium, and large plano totes for my clothes, backpacks, tents, all other hunting gear. It's a pretty good system, but I'm always trying to tweak it and make it even more efficient/stackable.

It's nice to have things organized by catagories for me.

Wassid82

WKR
I like clear totes so I can easily see what might have been stored or misplaced in the wrong place. Also it helps at hunting camp for extra dry boxes

I installed Gladiator slat wall panels in my garage with Craftsman locking cabinets. 1 has ammo, 1 has range gear and 1 has hunting gear. Guns in the safe.

Attachments

• 20181013_155845.jpg
    20181013_155845.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 40
I keep my pack ready to go with all the all the little items I need for a hunt. I always seem to forget something if I have to dig through my totes to repack it. After that I have totes for camping gear and then each type of hunting. And of course a safe for expensive things.