How do you pack extra arrows?

I'm shooting the Iron Will Broad heads for elk. I have a 5 arrow quiver on my bow but I'll have one small game head and possibly one mechanical. (in case I need to take a LONG range follow up shot, undecided on this as of yet). I may wind up hunting 2-3 overnights away from the vehicle so I would like to have a few extra arrows on hand that are a little closer than my truck. Once I have dialed in my fixed blades on their respective arrows I don't want to remove them. How would you go about carrying 3-4 extra arrows in your pack without removing the broadheads? I used to have some of those plastic clip on covers that fit 3 blade fixed heads nicely but I haven't seen anything similar that would fit the iron will. Maybe just an arrow tube and stuff the broadhead area with foam so they don't bounce around and ding the blades? Curious what you all do. Thanks!

jmez

WKR
My extra arrows stay at the truck. I take 6 in my quiver. Buddy takes extras, he rubber bands them together and one of us tucks them in pack somewhere after he puts it on. I don't know how you are going to haul them in with BH's on them..

I usually rubber band the arrows together witht the broadheads removed and then carry the broadheads in a small fishing fly box, no issues yet.

Number broadheads to match arrow numbers with a sharpie. Remove broadheads, fold into a paper towel one by one and carry in a plastic ziplock sandwich or pint freezer bag. Works well for me. They live at the tent not out in the field in the pack at least not more than one broadhead. Arrows get bundled together with 2 or 3 heavy rubber bands, then carried on the outside of the pack along the side under a couple straps. Good luck!

Last edited:
OP
commandoNate
Number broadheads to match arrow numbers with a sharpie. Remove broadheads, fold into a paper towel one by one and carry in a plastic ziplock sandwich or pint freezer bag. Works well for me. They live at the tent not out in the field in the pack at least not more than one broadhead. Arrows get bundled together with 2 or 3 heavy rubber bands, then carried on the outside of the pack along the side under a couple straps. Good luck!

I like this idea. Was hoping to not disconnect arrows from broadheads but if I do this seems like an adequate way to keep them organized.

87TT

WKR
Get a Tightspot 7 arrow quiver and be done with it. should be more than enough arrows in the field with maybe an extra broadhead or two.