How do you shop for boots if you do not know what you need?

OP
Coach529

Coach529

Lil-Rokslider
Went to Cabela's and tried on the Kenetrek and Meindl back to back. I think the Kenetrek gets the nod for fit and finish, but I actually liked the fit of the Meindl better. The Kenetrek had a super high arch IMO.

Spent some time in the store looking at other things....wondering if I should wait and check out the Schnee's.....and the White's. Finally just said screw it and bough the Meindl.

20171201_131932-L.jpg

I oiled them up and put about 6 miles on them over the weekend. Getting more and more comfortable every mile!!

20171203_191427-L.jpg

Today was a nice two mile hike in the snow. Perfect day to get outside. I actually could have used snowshoes the snow was deep enough

20171203_143925-L.jpg

20171203_151459%280%29-L.jpg

Netherman

WKR
Looks like you're headed down the same path I am.

Buy something decent, preferably on sale, (I got Lowa Tibets) then over the next few years wear them out while noting what you do and don't like about them. I'm on year 2 with the Lowas and the only thing I would change would be a little more room between my toes and the laces. Possibly some insulation for later season glassing. Right now I am looking at the artic edge overboots as a way to keep the lowas while glassing lower temps.

Good Luck,

Nick