How do you spend your last month of training

Sleeperls

Lil-Rokslider
Cardio, strength or 50 50. Feel like ive did good this year from where i started and with 2 months to go the days to make changes are getting shorter.

Spend most of my time doing cardio these days. Down 30 pounds feel good already looking forward to next year.

I want to spend more time on strength next year.

DavePwns

WKR
I spend a lot of my time switching from the gym with weights/running/jump rope to more ruking with a moderate to heavy pack. To make things more efficient, I'll spend the weekends prior doing scouting trips with a heavy pack filled with "luxury" items for my scouting trip that I wouldn't normally bring on a hunt, like packing an extra gallon of water, gassing chair, large spotting scope ect. Even if it's just a morning hike or doing a stair climber at the gym with a 50-75lb sand bag in my pack seems to help translate to the filed come opening day. I'll do dynamic kettlebell lifts and moderate weight deadlifts to keep my strength up throughout the season however. Usually 1-2 a week is sufficient.

Reduce the frequency and volume of my strength training while maintaining or increasing loads. I increase my time in the mountains scouting.
I try to lift less while coaching my clients and athletes

Block

WKR
I don’t think anything can prepare you as good as hiking and scouting the same or similar mountains you will be hunting..

I’m in killer shape and got my ass handed to me last week.. not much that can prepare you for 15+ miles 3000’ gains in 100 degree weather with 30-40 lbs in steep sandy side hill terrain haha... every step you take you lose half a step.. just straight brutal... shoulda just packed in and hunted all week.. but tried to get in and out every time to get home and keep the lady happy..Feet and body were so beat up I could only hunt every other day.. I did this same hike in the spring numerous times without an issue...but the added weight and heat plus the struggle of finding the right boot is a huge factor. Hope this helps... bad BOOTS will ruin you...

Bigjay73

Lil-Rokslider
I'd listen to whatever Coach says. That being said, have you seen half of the guys that hunt elk, yes, even way back in the mountains? Not exactly the most fit guys you'll ever meet lol. Keep doing what you're doing, and you'll be head and shoulders ahead of a lot of hunters as far as physical readiness goes. Keep up the good work

Scrappy

WKR
I started my last month of training on August 1st with a weighted pack and boots. Ended on the 25th at 102 3 miles hiked. Threw in some cardio days for good measure. Boy does hiking with weight make such a huge difference. I started with about 38 pounds hiking about three miles. Wipped my tail. Ended up with about 54 pounds going five miles. Felt great afterwards. Its true no matter what training you are doing it's not the same as hiking with weight.