How do you store your Diaphragms??

Both while hunting so you dont lose them? And when you arent hunting??

I always lose mine.. And i had one get all streched out from the heat of my truck one time?? Is it best to not let them get hot??

I usually have them in my cheek at the ready if I'm "hunting" and then slip them inside my hat band when I don't want it in my mouth. I try to replace them after one season but I've kept a few for a couple of years inside a little plastic case.

OP
Jtelarkin08
I bought every color phelps amp the other day. So if I lose a few I have extra. But I like the hat band idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I learned to call on my dad's elk diaphragms when I was probably 8 or 9 - They always tasted like Skoal Wintergreen because he stored them in an empty can. By the time I was 14 mine all tasted like Copenhagen LOL. Been off that stuff for a while but I think when my kid's old enough he'll get his own calls and unflavored cases :)

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I store the one I'm using in my mouth from first light to last shooting light, unless I'm eating. The others I keep in a pouch with a lanyard around my neck. I'll go through one or two during a season so I just throw them away after the season is over. The others I store as new in the package until I need them.

Never leave them in the direct sun or heat. Oh, and latex degrades over time as well.

Davebuech

WKR
If my call is not in my mouth, I put it in the 2nd top elastic "pocket" on my AGC pack and leave a corner sticking out so I can get it quickly.
I keep a few backups underneath ( in the same elastic pocket) in a old paper license holder (2x3" heavy weight envelope). If I want to make a different sound or something happens to my primary call, I've got backup readily available. The paper helps absorb some of the moisture and keeps em "fresher"
My nephew found a cool plastic call holder that clips on your hat, pocket,pack (he clips his to his quiver hood). Similar to this one at Bass Pro Access Denied
He gave me one and I liked it OK, but lost it and just went back to my original method.