How do you travel on airlines with your large backpack?

JonnyB

WKR
I didnt want to buy the patagonia ones due to their stance on hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should check out the ME podcast with the CEO of Patagonia. He used to hunt when he was younger and doesn’t have any qualms with hunting, he just prefers not to hunt anymore. FFT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: zog

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Great thread! Thanks for all that have contributed, I got a ton of good ideas :)

I got to see a STOL 7000 in person at SG, definitely grabbing one of those- will fit my SG 5400 with plenty of room to spare.

Good ideas on having some of your hunting clothing (and boots) on your person. Also like the idea of having your optics close at hand, won't get messed with and can't get lost.

I also like the idea of the Yeti soft side cooler as a carry on, looks like it could haul a decent bit of meat back. Of course the STOL 4000 looks pretty good too as a carry on.

With your carry on you can also have a personal item (small pack), thinking my Serac would fit the bill for this.

Leaves me just checking a rifle case and the 7000.

Great thread! Thanks for all that have contributed, I got a ton of good ideas :)

I got to see a STOL 7000 in person at SG, definitely grabbing one of those- will fit my SG 5400 with plenty of room to spare.

Good ideas on having some of your hunting clothing (and boots) on your person. Also like the idea of having your optics close at hand, won't get messed with and can't get lost.

I also like the idea of the Yeti soft side cooler as a carry on, looks like it could haul a decent bit of meat back. Of course the STOL 4000 looks pretty good too as a carry on.

With your carry on you can also have a personal item (small pack), thinking my Serac would fit the bill for this.

Leaves me just checking a rifle case and the 7000.
If you have a gate agent actually doing their job, you may be forced to check the STOL 4000 as it is technically 3" too thick (assuming filled to capacity). If so, pray that you do not have any breakables in it.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm guessing between the 7000, the day pack and probably a little room in the hard case, shouldn't be overly stuffed, we shall see. Still thinking the Yeti might be a good option too :)