How do you use doe in heat lure?

OP
M
I did try it. I never did see anything bigger than a 120 class buck sniffing the wick. But I did have 5 bucks in the near vicinity playing around one morning. I don't know if they where in the area because of the doe piss or not. The smaller bucks where definitely interested in it.

Ryan_1129

Lil-Rokslider
I have not had very good luck with it. It’s better to put the time in and scout the area rather than put up the doe urine scent and hope they come in.

Trial153

WKR
i get a price online for three bottles of the brand I want. I then take the cash for the bottles and place it in my wood stove and lite it on fire. I poor a cup of coffee and enjoy the warmth.

Only had it work one time for me on a young buck. Tried it a few more years and stopped wasting money on it. Only scent that seem to work was evercalm. Deer always stopped and sniffed it. Its pricey.

I splash it on just like I do my Hai Karate on Friday nights!!!

The wick in the tree is my favorite...not going to say they cant but I have never seen a doe pee up into a tree...

Lowg08

WKR
I don’t use any of it. No scent, no grunt, no rattle. Just lots of scouting and butt time. I have bought it before but I have never seen a deer when using it.

Codyk315

FNG
I use Pure Whitetail white lightening during the rut. I will run it on a drag on the way into my stand and then hang the drag on a tree within shooting range. I will also put a wick close to my stand to help cover my scent.

NME

FNG
I typically don’t use it unless I’m desperate and bored. Like others say use the wind to your advantage and find the bedding areas.

VTJ

FNG
While I have used Evercalm and had positive results from deer, killed my 205 lb 8pt this season while he was sniffing a licking branch I put it on, it is all I will use now, if I use any at all ... I spent a small fortune in the past on buck urines and Doe piss, and have killed more big bucks since I stopped using the stuff over 10 yrs back .... even with the Evercalm, I dont use it that often ....

SoDaky

WKR
Waste of time/money mostly.
It's calving time now in many areas.The necessary ingredients are available but it's near impossible to know what to collect and how to 'keep it' til Fall.

I used to use it, but never had success with it. In my opinion, your best strategy is to play the wind so deer don't smell you as they cruise by. If you put urine out near you, the goal is to have them smell the urine and come walking to you, right? Well if the urine scent is blowing towards the deer, your scent is too. Thats just my take on it.
I use it in a crosswind set up. Sometimes they will investigate before they can catch my wind. It's a what do you have to lose scenario in my mind. I have killed a few bucks with their nose touching my scent wick.

Mosby

WKR
I used to use it. Had a buck follow my trail in Texas and lick my stand steps and was sold on it for several years. Used it in Canada on some mock scrapes, rattling and for a cover scent too. I'm back to meat hunting now and I stopped buying it. Isn't worth the hassle or the cost IMO.