How far can whitetail see

Do you think a deer can see you rattling up in a tree 160 yards away?

did I bust myself or there is no way they can point that out?

I mean I can barely see the deer that distance without binos and there daytime sight is worse I believe

I once shot a deer just barely out of my arms reach. It never saw me. But to answer your question, they can pick-up on movement over a mile away.

crich

WKR
Depending on how much you move definitely. Movement is the one thing they're really good at picking out.

Yard Candy

Lil-Rokslider
While ground hunting, sitting in the same spot for hours, a doe pegged me from 85 yards away, through trees and some tall grass, just from the motion of my raising and lowering my binos with one hand. I was moving slowly too.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Jimss

WKR
I've noticed that deer can see similar to how well I see with 10x binos. If their eyes don't pick you up there is always the chance they will smell you! If the wind is wrong it won't matter if you are in a tree or on the ground....if he smells you he will be gone. They can smell super long distances!

OP
F
Alright at 9pm my shooter walked right out under the stand. Maybe he wasn’t phased

WCB

WKR
Not sure even if that buck did see you why it would be done for the year. Bucks are starting to chase does...he gets hooked up with a doe they make the decisions at that point and will run that buck right to you. Or another buck might show up if it is a good spot.

Yes they good easily see you 160 yards if you are moving/rattling. Bigger issue may have been rattling and no actual deer fighting for him to see.

WKR
I once jumped a buck from a cedar strip on CRP ground, shot at him twice running. Came back 2 days later and he was laying in the cedars again. This time he was not provided the opportunity to jump up. Same broke G2, so not guessing it was same buck.

And yes, they'll spot movement from a far distance.