How far do you practice at?

Rick Seymour

Well Known Rokslider
I saw in the Archery Forum above where the Montana dude shot out to just over 103 yards with his compound and had a great grouping. I am fortunate enough to be able to extend the range out at my place right out the front door. I shoot my Recurve almost daily (probably 40 arrows) from 20 yards out to 45 yards, with most of my shooting at between 35 and 40 yards. I will measure from the arrow to the center of the Bullseye with my thumb and little finger (8.75") any further and I consider myself unsuccessful at those longer distances (40-45). I enjoy practices out to those further distances and really say wow this is close when I finish off with 2 arrows at 20.

Rod

Well Known Rokslider
I practice from 5-30 yards normally. Mostly do to my shooting style 3under & heavy arrows.
I think shooting longer ranges is good for practice & makes the hunting range shots easier.

Rod

Daniel Bybee

Well Known Rokslider
I like to shoot from 3 yards to 40 yards, also shoot 3 under, those longer shots help to keep your mind focused on form and keeps your head in the game.

BuckSnort

Well Known Rokslider
I like to practice at all distances... The longer distances really amplify and problems with bad form and let you know what you need help with.

B

bearguide

i go out to 60 if i am having a good day and my back stop is good, if i miss

Hawker

Well Known Rokslider
I'm with most of you guys. 3-50yrds unless I'm stump shooting than I'll go out further. When I shoot 3ds I will shoot for the pro stake. When hunting I hope my shots are at 17 yrds.

ElkNut1

Well Known Rokslider
5yd--40yd most days, at times to 50yd for grins! I'm 3 under & left eye dominate but a right hand shooter so I use tip of arrow for judging.

With compound I practice out to 100yd on occasion, but mostly to 80yds.

ElkNut1

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkfarrington