How far have you traveled for a weekend hunt

Ripnbst

FNG
About 8 hours one way to hunt Axis on a weekend. Dipped out of work about 3:00 PM and arrived stupid late. Returned home Sunday night pretty late as well.

ridgefire

WKR
I was north of Spokane for the weekend turkey hunting. It's about a 5 1/2 hours from my house to where I was hunting. Take off Friday after work and come back Sunday afternoon sometime. Always worth it.

207-12A

Lil-Rokslider
500 miles from Eagle River to Circle, AK for Steese Caribou, not including wheeler time. Left on Friday, Bull down on Sunday morning, back home Sunday night late.

schmalzy

WKR
I did 6 hours of driving for 45 minutes of "hunting" this past week.

BACKSTORY: my 5.5 year old enthusiastically begged to join me turkey hunting so I happily obliged. Place I hunt is 1.5 hour drive each way, so Thur morning got her up just before 4am, hit the road and literally about 300 yards away from our spot (on a 90 mile drive) she got carsick and threw up all over herself in the backseat. She's gotten carsick before but only if she is watching videos with her head down, which she wasn't at all on this drive so I didn't think about giving her any dramamine. Anyway, didn't have any spare clothes for her (FAIL) so we cleaned her up then just turned around and headed home. Saturday she wanted to go again so we did the same thing, made sure to give her dramamine AND brought spare clothes. But we only lasted 45 minutes before her feet hurt and she was cold (FAIL). The boots I had her in didn't accompany thick bulky socks so her feet were wedged in pretty tight (FAIL).

This was the first time taking her out with me, and I had plenty of FAILs. But, I want to do everything I can to make it enjoyable so I didn't want to pressure or force anything beyond what she was enjoying so I chalked it up as a "scouting" trip for me.

Despite the futility of it all, she loved it...loved being awake and the only ones on the road early in the morning, we at least saw a turkey on the drive in so that was cool, she did some calling, heard/saw a lot of non-turkey forest activity, climbed a tree stand, and most importantly SHE WANTS TO DO IT AGAIN....

Nothing in that story has Failure in it. I think it’s awesome you’re getting her out there and even more awesome that y’all kept getting after it despite some obstacles. Way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have driven 8 before, not sure I would go much further unless I could take another day or two off work and make a long weekend out of it.