How far have you traveled for a weekend hunt

Rich M

WKR
I was on a lease 5.5 hrs from home - 11 hrs driving for 3 or 4 sessions on stand.
About once a year would drive up, walk to stand, kill, quarter deer, then go home.

That's about my limit tho. 5-6 hrs each way is max for a weekend hunt.

To CO or WY is 30+ hrs, that's a 10-14 day trip. Flying I'll do less - especially if not having to hassle with gun & gear...

Went to the farm we hunting in Illinois 2 years ago to shootnsome does weather man predicted snow but not 14” in a day hunted struck out in deer got the truck stuck on the way out pulling a trailer then the slow drive home from the time I hooked up the trailer to unhooking I was at 10 hours for a weekend hunt by my self

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cbrew

FNG
In 2013, just after my 3rd daughter was born, I drove from Bellingham, WA to near Browning, MT for a weekend hunt to chase deer. It’s around 700 miles one way. I missed the biggest mule deer I’ve ever had the chance at and ended up shooting a 4x4 whitetail. It was definitely worth the trip.

NV HUNTER

WKR
7-8 hours for weekend hunts.
But I also drive from Las Vegas to Durango Colorado for the weekend to watch my daughter play college softball!!

things we love and what we will do for it (them)

Goatie

Lil-Rokslider
I regularly drive 6.5hrs on a Friday after work to shoot prairie dogs all day Saturday, to come home Sunday morning. More time driving than behind a rifle.

Goatie

Lil-Rokslider
7 hours one way tomorrow to call turkeys for someone and come back the next day. One of my favorite trips of the year. Not even touching a trigger.

OP
Bulldawg

Bulldawg

WKR
Well the reason I asked is because I was wondering how I was stacking up, I drove 10 hours one way for 2 days of turkey hunting this last weekend and proceeded to swing and miss and gobbler Sunday morning, big bummer but it was worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've only done four hours for weekend hunts. I just feel like you cant get enough in if its more than that. I don't enjoy it enough if I feel like I am rushing or know that I have a short time a long way to go.