How is inflation affecting you?

*zap*

WKR
Attempting to combat what's he's labeled "Putin's price hike," President Joe Biden announced a plan on Thursday to release roughly 1 million barrels of oil per day from the nation's strategic petroleum reserve over the next six months to reduce energy and gas prices.

Biden told Americans "there is no firm answer" as to when gas prices will go down, but predicted they will go down "fairly significantly."

"Today I want to talk about one aspect of Putin's war that affects and has real effects on the American people: Putin's price hike that Americans and our allies are feeling at the pump. I know how much it hurts," Biden began. "As you've heard me say I grew up in a family, like many of you, where the price of gasoline was discussed at the kitchen table. None of it should hinge on whether a dictator declares war."

Biden blamed "two roots" for the high energy costs: Russian President Vladimir Putin's ongoing invasion of Ukraine and the lingering economic effects of COVID-19.

WRO

WKR
Attempting to combat what's he's labeled "Putin's price hike," President Joe Biden announced a plan on Thursday to release roughly 1 million barrels of oil per day from the nation's strategic petroleum reserve over the next six months to reduce energy and gas prices.

Biden told Americans "there is no firm answer" as to when gas prices will go down, but predicted they will go down "fairly significantly."

"Today I want to talk about one aspect of Putin's war that affects and has real effects on the American people: Putin's price hike that Americans and our allies are feeling at the pump. I know how much it hurts," Biden began. "As you've heard me say I grew up in a family, like many of you, where the price of gasoline was discussed at the kitchen table. None of it should hinge on whether a dictator declares war."

Biden blamed "two roots" for the high energy costs: Russian President Vladimir Putin's ongoing invasion of Ukraine and the lingering economic effects of COVID-19.
Let's just ignore the fact that his staff (John Kerry) did his absolute best to cut off funding to the oil, gas, and coal industries at the beginning his administration..

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I think it’s going to make me start voting progressive left. Clearly they have a plan to fix inflation. Destroy the oil and gas industry, invest in green energy, open borders, gender change drugs and surgery for children, revolving door justice for violent criminals, stricter gun laws for law abiding citizens, and free college / universal income ! We can just shake down the “ rich “ people. That ought to fix the inflation

If I'm not mistaken, inflation is the result of (fiscal?) policy, while the high gas prices are a mix of economic supply/demand and policy. Been awhile since economics though. Not to make it political, but it's unlikely to change until someone comes in that gets us off this forced Green idea that isn't even stable enough to try to push as hard as they are.

AKBC

Lil-Rokslider

It was only two years ago that President Trump tried to buy stupid cheap oil to top off the national reserve. Pelosi and company blocked it.

arock

Lil-Rokslider
Consumer debt is skyrocketing. ARM's are making a come back, yeah the loan that created '08. The average American can't not afford paying an additional $300-600 a month on food, utilities, gas, and every other item that's simply costing more.
If prices level out before fall, most will make it, if prices hold or continue upward into next year, there will be deals to be had like in '08.
Honestly - Gas and electric have been a big kick in the ass. That was an unexpected 35-40% increase. Electric usage up a bit (we have some grow lights going to get some vegetables going because of the reasons discussed here) but gas usage is down from last year so its weird. Beef going up was crazy. Pork is still pretty reasonable here so we eat a lot of that.

I can't imagine the housing prices won't at least plateau - they would have to with the rates going up. People can still only afford so much per month.

arock

Lil-Rokslider
If I'm not mistaken, inflation is the result of (fiscal?) policy, while the high gas prices are a mix of economic supply/demand and policy. Been awhile since economics though. Not to make it political, but it's unlikely to change until someone comes in that gets us off this forced Green idea that isn't even stable enough to try to push as hard as they are.
You would think from a non political national security standpoint that having a secure source of energy that is domestic and maybe some partnership with our Canadian pals to the north to supplement that if we feel bad about drilling too much would be a priority for both parties.

Stugotz

FNG
So far, not much at all. I do get a little sticker shock though when I go to the grocery store and pay between $5 & $6 a dozen for eggs that 3 months ago I was paying $1.45 for though...

You would think from a non political national security standpoint that having a secure source of energy that is domestic and maybe some partnership with our Canadian pals to the north to supplement that if we feel bad about drilling too much would be a priority for both parties.
Seems energy has been politicized just like gender and all the other shit that really shouldn't be, otherwise how else can you get people to fight each other while doing things behind the curtain. While I get the potential dark corners of going to an all digital currency, it could be arguable that inflation is just as dangerous an economic cudgel as gov't controlling your bank account and assets.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Seems energy has been politicized just like gender and all the other shit that really shouldn't be
It's only politicized because of idiotic illogical policies and decisions that have been made. If both parties would use their heads and only stick to the logical and best decision practices, it wouldn't have to be political at all........none of it.

Blandry

WKR
So far, not much at all. I do get a little sticker shock though when I go to the grocery store and pay between $5 & $6 a dozen for eggs that 3 months ago I was paying $1.45 for though...
My buddy built a chicken coop last year. If his rooster doesn't kill him he'll be sitting on a gold mine lol.

Everyone was laughing at him on facebook. I guess they're not laughing now!