- water bottle v bladder?

- holsters and misc

Be nice to see some pics too!

Thanks in advance for sharing

Cheers! Jesse

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pocket on each side. Stone glacier evo frame with kuiu pockets. There’s enough room to add a knife or spray but a holster requires me to remove a pocket. Running a bladder now but used to use the sg hydro holster.
a0888e45ea7b4ad91e11292fdd5f7c95.jpg

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here’s the junk inside. Stuff I don’t want to remove my pack to get to. Tp, gauze, a few pills, multi tool, compass, quick clot, headlamp, leukotape. If needed when hunting there’s plenty of room to add a wind checker bottle, mouth call. I know it looks like hiking gear not hunting
49463127e978b78c93bdd707dfb4d6cf.jpg

OP
Zoomfish

Zoomfish

Lil-Rokslider
aa0ec4ad8fda0facbb9b19bc1434a0e2.jpg

Received awesome PALS sleeves for MR guidelight belt and water bottle pouch last week from Pods8, above, at Rugged Stitching.

Hoping to see how everyone runs belt functionality to get some ideas for pockets/pouches done up from Rugged.

Way overthinking this and hopefully bit of common thread on how people set up.

Cheers!

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
aa0ec4ad8fda0facbb9b19bc1434a0e2.jpg

Received awesome PALS sleeves for MR guidelight belt and water bottle pouch last week from Pods8, above, at Rugged Stitching.

Hoping to see how everyone runs belt functionality to get some ideas for pockets/pouches done up from Rugged.

Way overthinking this and hopefully bit of common thread on how people set up.

Cheers!

It’s a rabbit hole. The sg belts can hold about anything but not as secure as the pals (might get one of them sleeves myself) kinda keeps me from going overboard though.

tttoadman

WKR
All my belts are pals belts.
left side back to front:
- 1 ltr water bottle in a Kifaru water bottle pocket
- Kifaru mini pocket: camera in the bottom. shade tube on top tucked in an old glove to keep it quiet.

Right side
- Kifaru small belt pouch hooked at top only: ammo pouch 10 rnds, spare tikka clip loaded.
- under the pocket: 10 rnd ammo flip holder accessible simply by reaching under the pocket..

OP
Zoomfish

Zoomfish

Lil-Rokslider
left side back to front:
- Kifaru mini pocket: camera in the bottom. shade tube on top tucked in an old glove to keep it quiet.

Right side
- Kifaru small belt pouch hooked at top only: ammo pouch 10 rnds, spare tikka clip loaded.
- under the pocket: 10 rnd ammo flip holder accessible simply by reaching under the pocket..

Thanks! Tried buddies Kifaru Med bags and if secure to both PALS rows it sits proud and forearms rub against as walking and due to lack of elevation here, assuming anything hanging down from belt toward buckle would issue hitting thighs while ascending.

ljalberta

WKR
I usually run a Kifaru Medium belt pouch (I prefer the added space over the small), a Nalgene water bottle pocket, and a gun bearer on my belt. I'll add bear spray off a carabiner on solo trips.

OP
Zoomfish

Zoomfish

Lil-Rokslider
I usually run a Kifaru Medium belt pouch (I prefer the added space over the small), a Nalgene water bottle pocket, and a gun bearer on my belt. I'll add bear spray off a carabiner on solo trips.

Nice!

BigDonk36

FNG
On my left side I run (from back to front) a Kifaru Nalgene bottle holder and a Kifaru small belt pouch. On my right side I run another small belt pouch. Between the small pouch and the belt I put a soft sided holster for my 1911.

aion2come

WKR
20190223_174835.jpg
20190223_174755.jpg

The pockets and bugle tube holder are one's I made. Pods 8 made the nalgene holder. All in all it is a very functional system, putting things where I need them with easy access.

weisenbu

Lil-Rokslider
I run an Exo 3500. On my left side, I have a nalgene holder from pods8 and an Exo hip pocket. On the right side, I have a Kifaru gun bearer and another Exo hip pocket. However, for turkey hunting, I remove one of the Exo hip pockets and install a custom pods8 pocket that holds all of my turkey calls (box, slate, locators, strikers, reeds, etc). Love it!

ofl0926

WKR
left side back to front:

Right side

Which ammo flip pouch are you using? I like the idea of storing ammo like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk