How long before a deer moves back in?

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
On Friday I missed a shot at a REALLY good buck. Went to check to see if there was a hit, and it was a clean miss. Turns out he circled around on us and we saw him crossing the hill I shot from a little later. My question is how soon could he come back to that area?

Put it in perspective, there is really only one, possibly two places to glass where he was living. The spot really is a HOLE and gets missed by hunters quite a bit, and the lack of easy glassing makes it a great place for bucks to hide out. There is a possibility I could get one more day to go after deer, and if thats the case I am going to skip the high glassing and go straight to where I can watch most of the valley all day long.

BigSurArcher

Banned
Check out Robby Denning's live hunt thread. He missed a big one with the front stuffer and it was back in a short order of time. Can't remember the exact amount of time, but I found it surprising.

Slim Jim

WKR
Sometimes they will blow out for a couple days and sometimes they will come right back next morning or evening to their regular daily habits.

Check out Robby Denning's live hunt thread. He missed a big one with the front stuffer and it was back in a short order of time. Can't remember the exact amount of time, but I found it surprising.

Read the intro(??? somewhere near the start is a story about him missing a buck and sneaking back in to shoot it shortly after) to David Long's book too. Same kind of thing.

I think they really like to be on their home turf.