How long will the ammo shortage last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opah

WKR
"DACA and Obamacare are still here and previous administrations said they would get rid of those and they aren’t even amendments. People just say stuff to get elected and then lobbyists continue to run the country."

Below are five of the biggest changes to the federal health law under President Trump.

1. Individual mandate eliminated

What is it? The individual mandate is the requirement that all U.S. residents either have health insurance or pay a penalty. The mandate was intended to help keep the premiums for ACA policies low by ensuring that more healthy people entered the health insurance market.

What changed? The 2017 Republican-backed tax overhaul legislation reduced the penalty for not having insurance to $0.

What does the administration say? "We eliminated Obamacare's horrible, horrible, very expensive and very unfair, unpopular individual mandate. A total disaster. That was a big penalty. That was a big thing. Where you paid a lot of money for the privilege [...] of having no healthcare." — President Trump, The Villages, Florida, Oct. 3, 2019

What's the impact? First of all, getting rid of the penalty for skipping insurance opened a new avenue of attack against the entire ACA in the courts, via the Texas v. Azar lawsuit. Back in 2012, the ACA had been upheld as constitutional by the U.S. Supreme Court, because the penalty was essentially a tax, and Congress is allowed to create a new tax. Last December, though, a federal judge in Texas ruled that now that the penalty is $0, it's a command, not a tax, and is therefore unconstitutional. He also reasoned that it cannot be cut off from the rest of the law, so he judged the whole law to be unconstitutional.

Last edited:
I would say Delaware has very friendly taxes which has made it a retirement destination. California supports the federal government by providing far more revenue than any other state. Trump is a New Yorker who retired to FL, how friendly is NY to the 2A? I didn’t vote Democratic for that president so I will refrain from listing 3 reasons, but I am sure people can list many for the people who received their vote.
So are you headed to Delaware or California to live in your liberal utopia? You forgot to mention the outrageous taxes in California that fund the support to the federal government.

brsnow

WKR
So are you headed to Delaware or California to live in your liberal utopia? You forgot to mention the outrageous taxes in California that fund the support to the federal government.
I was just pointing out that Biden’s state is one of the best for taxes. Yes California has high revenue and production that produces the tax revenue. I guess you could say California is the USA’s sugar daddy.I don’t worry about other people’s politics, it wouldn’t sway where I live at all. I am not afraid of people who don’t share my views or values.

And Colorado voted 55% to 42% Biden over Trump. Some would call that a liberal landslide...
Yea and Colorado is going to crap because of the voters and people that have moved here. Thanks to Democratic governors we have the large capacity magazine ban. “Red Flag law”. I’m my opinion these are picking away at 2A rights.

Im not a gun fanatic even..but it’s scary to me when these Democratic officials chip away at things. They take little by little and people are ok with it.

Colorado Even voted to introduce wolves. So that’s neat. Can hammer the deer and elk and moose populations to help chip away at hunting

And Colorado voted 55% to 42% Biden over Trump. Some would call that a liberal landslide...
Look at the influx of Californians that flooded the front range and brought their idealogy with them. Colorado used to be ultra conservative. The western slope is still trying but we get out voted by Denver, boulder, and the other metro areas that have had a huge influx of the left.

Slippery slope is the lamest/laziest argument of all time and it is literally the only thing you ever hear from the 2A fanatics.

There is NO chance 2A will ever actually be infringed. Minor inconviences such as ammo being taxed more or having to (easily) circumvent magazine restrictions are not infringements on your rights.

I only read the first page and the last page of this.......just as I suspected it’s fear mongering and blind speculation at its finest. It amazes me how some folks never get tired of spreading the doom and gloom.

I panicked after Sandy Hook. Within a year after that, I had built (assembled) and stashed away 12 AR15’s in various configurations along with the 5 I already had. Well....Sandy Hook came and went......and nothing happened. Just a huge panic for nothing. Then the next shooting, and the next, and the next.......and everytime there was nonstop fear mongering and panic........yet nothing ever happened. Nothing is going to happen now.

The novelty of buying up ammo will soon fade, like it has every time before. You wouldn’t have to worry about this if you (people in general) would gradually build up your inventory of items you need. Be it loaded ammo or components for reloading. It’s not like you haven’t seen this play out atleast half a dozen times in the last 8-10 years.

I got on Gunbroker and I looked at what CCI450’s are selling for. Apparently I have enough primers in today’s market to pay for the construction of a nice 80’x100’ shop building and equip it pretty well. But.....I refuse to be one of those piece of shit scum bags that price gouge.

Oh yeah.....you fellas that keep claiming you lost your guns in a “boating accident”. That shit is played out. Come up with something a bit more creative for us.
This should have been the last post of this thread.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

There is NO chance 2A will ever actually be infringed. Minor inconviences such as ammo being taxed more or having to (easily) circumvent magazine restrictions are not infringements on your rights.
I'm not particularly worried about increased gun control (all the talk about it strikes me as little more than empty rhetoric exploited by certain politicians to garner support from certain demographics), but you don't have to look very far into the past to find legitimate infringements on the right to bear arms (e.g., federal assault weapons ban in effect from 1994 to 2004). Again, I'm not particularly concerned about something like an AWB being reinstated, but such infringements certainly do have historical precedent.

brsnow

WKR
Yea and Colorado is going to crap because of the voters and people that have moved here. Thanks to Democratic governors we have the large capacity magazine ban. “Red Flag law”. I’m my opinion these are picking away at 2A rights.

Im not a gun fanatic even..but it’s scary to me when these Democratic officials chip away at things. They take little by little and people are ok with it.

Colorado Even voted to introduce wolves. So that’s neat. Can hammer the deer and elk and moose populations to help chip away at hunting
It is not for everyone but we enjoy Colorado. The wolf vote was close and if any effort would have been put out it wouldn’t have passed.

Apparent inability to understand that other people may see the world different than you, have different priorities and values than you, yet can be perfectly reasonable and intelligent at the same time should concern you far more than who anybody may have chosen in a political election.
This seems to have gotten skimmed over and lost in the mix. I’m not trying to be an ass or stir the pot this time, just genuinely want to ask and get a different perspective here. So you, or anyone who voted for Biden, can you explain why? What was your reasoning behind it? How do you feel he will better the future and direction of the US better or even as good as Trump was currently? He wants increased taxes. He doesn’t like guns. He’s against fossil fuels. He wants free everything for all those who can’t afford it. I mean I could go on and on here, but my thoughts and views are that of a Conservative “old America” loving American. You won’t change my mind, or anyone’s for that matter, but atleast someone give us some insight on your logic for voting for Biden other than claiming Trump is racist or crazy.

zacattack

WKR
Slippery slope is the lamest/laziest argument of all time and it is literally the only thing you ever hear from the 2A fanatics.

It’s been infringed on a lot already.

It is not for everyone but we enjoy Colorado. The wolf vote was close and if any effort would have been put out it wouldn’t have passed.
Ummmm....but it WAS for everyone until all the Liberals moved in. Nobody ever complained about Colorado in any way, until all the Liberals moved in and wanted to “make it better”. Nobody wants to be viewed as the problem, but sometimes it’s just way too blatant and obvious to overlook.

brsnow

WKR
Ummmm....but it WAS for everyone until all the Liberals moved in. Nobody ever complained about Colorado in any way, until all the Liberals moved in and wanted to “make it better”. Nobody wants to be viewed as the problem, but sometimes it’s just way too blatant and obvious to overlook.
Outside of Rokslide I don’t hear anyone complain about Colorado, not at the gun range, not at 3D, not on our backcountry trips/hunts. Seems more specific to here.

It's like running an adult daycare center....

A lot of people reporting this one let's keep it clean.

Just gonna bump this thread back up with Ryan’s response so everyone see’s it again because it looks like a lot of children on here need to grow up and talk like reasonable adults to one another

Status
Not open for further replies.