How long will the ammo shortage last?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once the retired guys quit waiting at the doors every morning to buy all the ammo they can so it can sit and rot in their basement.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
This.

a number of my old man’s friends do this all over town where I live. They will die of a coronary holding 20,000 rds of useless 22lr ammo, among other calibers, while listening to Rush Limbaugh and Alex Jones. It’s laughable while also sad at the same time 😂

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
The reality is the shortage will stop when the people bulk buying and selling start to struggle to sell everything they are hoarding.
Where exactly are these folks finding ammo to buy in bulk right now???? That's the problem.....there isn't much supply at all making it to consumers or hoarders.....let alone in bulk. So anyone that's selling ammo is actually making supply available to the market, which helps bring down pricing.......not make it go higher.

Vandy321

WKR
Those caught off guard by this shortage would be well served to take a look at recent history, as it tends to repeat itself. This literally happens every 4 years. Ammo was back in stock by spring, en mass, the last time.

Sekora

Lil-Rokslider
In 08 you could get handloading materials. Powder and bullets have become unobtainable this time as well.
I'm glad I seen the 08 shortage and bought several bricks of primers and at least 8 pounds of every powder I use. I think once you experience not being able to get the supplies you need, your attitude changes. I do not consider myself a hoarder, just someone who is prepared for a Biden Presidency.

I expect common hunting calibers will start to some back in the spring, but 9mm and 223/5.56 will take much longer to normalize.

Reactions: OMB

WCB

WKR
Those caught off guard by this shortage would be well served to take a look at recent history, as it tends to repeat itself. This literally happens every 4 years. Ammo was back in stock by spring, en mass, the last time.
Not the same....The last election yes stuff was back in stock because of who got elected. However for a few years before that there was a "shortage" although not as bad as this one. With the admin that is incoming it aint going to be back to normal by spring.

Laramie

WKR
Where exactly are these folks finding ammo to buy in bulk right now???? That's the problem.....there isn't much supply at all making it to consumers or hoarders.....let alone in bulk. So anyone that's selling ammo is actually making supply available to the market, which helps bring down pricing.......not make it go higher.
Stores are still getting deliveries, at least in my area. My local WalMart is still getting ammo in weekly but it is sold out in a matter of minutes by the guys trying to buy and resell at more than double the price. My local outdoor forum has people selling various ammo that is "hard to get" for ridiculous pricing. People buying into the hype shortage buy it up quickly completing the circle and providing even more motivation for those scalping.

Vandy321

WKR
Not the same....The last election yes stuff was back in stock because of who got elected. However for a few years before that there was a "shortage" although not as bad as this one. With the admin that is incoming it aint going to be back to normal by spring.
Sure it will, same as when Obama first won. But, thats the thing about opinions, everyone has one. Covid vaccine combined with folks realizing Biden can't unilaterally eliminate the 2A just because he was elected and things will he back to normal late spring. Its like clockwork.

But be honest...how many cases of toilet paper do you have stockpiled in the basement? The world is not ending and people are not taking our guns. The faster folks realize that and stop feeding into the hoarding mentality, the quicker the shelves are will be full.

Last edited:

z987k

WKR
I'm glad I seen the 08 shortage and bought several bricks of primers and at least 8 pounds of every powder I use. I think once you experience not being able to get the supplies you need, your attitude changes. I do not consider myself a hoarder, just someone who is prepared for a Biden Presidency.
I still have an 8lb jug of what I "need". Which for my hunting purposes could last a lifetime. I want to try a different powder though and I just can't find it. I've seen it in stock a couple places online but no one ships it up here.

ewade07

WKR
Sure it will, same as when Obama first won. But, thats the thing about opinions, everyone has one. Covid vaccine combined with folks realizing Biden can't unilaterally eliminate the 2A just because he was elected and things will he back to normal late spring. Its like clockwork.

But he honest...how many cases of toilet paper do you have stockpiled in the basement? The world is not ending and people are not taking our guns. The faster folks realize that and stop feeding into the hoarding mentality, the quicker the shelves are will he full.
This is the smartest, most logical thing i have read in a loooooooong time.

z987k

WKR

But be honest...how many cases of toilet paper do you have stockpiled in the basement? The world is not ending and people are not taking our guns. The faster folks realize that and stop feeding into the hoarding mentality, the quicker the shelves are will be full.
I do like to remind people that Obama signed the bill that made suppressors somewhat easier to get, removing the CLEO notification and also signed the bill that allowed us to carry in national parks. Both of which were really big for me.

Trump banned bump stocks, passed no pro-gun legislation at all and in 2018 said "Take the guns first, go through due process second."

Based on actual action taken, rather than words, I'm not sure why there would be a worry about a Democrat in office.

I do like to remind people that Obama signed the bill that made suppressors somewhat easier to get, removing the CLEO notification and also signed the bill that allowed us to carry in national parks. Both of which were really big for me.

Trump banned bump stocks, passed no pro-gun legislation at all and in 2018 said "Take the guns first, go through due process second."

Based on actual action taken, rather than words, I'm not sure why there would be a worry about a Democrat in office.
But but but....

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Vandy321

WKR

I'm going to take your word on those facts...and I gotta say, if that's true, you do have a very good point.

I'm going to take your word on those facts...and I gotta say, if that's true, you do have a very good point.

It's not true, like all of it.

Obama is listed at gun shows as the sales person of the year every year he was in office. When you say "executive action" and "gun control" in a single sentence, no laws are necessary. People freak out as they should.

Vandy321

WKR

Obama is listed at gun shows as the sales person of the year every year he was in office. When you say "executive action" and "gun control" in a single sentence, no laws are necessary. People freak out as they should.
Ok, but he was president for 8 years and I still have all my guns and ammo...not sure I buy into the "they'll take our guns" hype. It makes a good campaign platform, but in reality, its much harder than that to actually implement.

z987k

WKR

Well he did sign that bill, you can look it up. It's not a secret.
The suppressor thing was an ATF rule change, I went and looked that up, it was not a law passed or signed.

I remember the Obama ATF going after the steel core 5.56, I can't remember if they banned that or not. But it looks like you can buy it online so, I'm guessing not.

The Trump ATF is currently looking at reclassifying AR pistols and the like as SBRs. He can easily step in and say stop, I bet he doesn't.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.