How long will the ammo shortage last?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a branch of libertarians that don't have their head in the sand regarding the enviroment. They just think we need a market solution to it and not governmental.
Unfortunately the worst solution to any problem is to get the government involved. That gaurantees the solution will be expensive, ineffective, and mis-guided.

Last edited:

Haney

FNG
Living in the sticks has it's benefits , my son went to small mom and pop yesterday and found a few trinkets . I will be heading that way today . He sent this pic, until then I figured I would just wait things out .I have enough powder and primers for many years , always have...but I still buy every chance I get .

He also told me he paid $ 35 per 1K for the primers ,that convinced me I was taking a road trip today .

1607085040782.png

Last edited:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
But.....I refuse to be one of those piece of shit scum bags that price gouge.
Unless the government imposes ridiculous regulations, someone has a monopoly, and people are being forced to buy said product.......there's no such thing as price gouging (think Obamacare mandate). The government mandate required insurers to cover preexisting conditions (which then raised insurance costs to everyone), and then required all citizens to have said insurance (mandate to buy). That's price gouging.......and government overreach.

But as for ammo and components........as long as their are willing buyers at a price point, there's no such thing as price gouging. No one is forcing anyone to buy ammo or components. If the price is set too high.......consumers can walk away if they so choose, or they can choose (of their own free will) to make said purchase. Many choose to buy. But just because some think the market prices are crazy, that doesn't make it price gouging.

There will be ammo shortages for longer than prior demand spikes.

Unranked reasons, off the cuff, that will take years to play out:

1) “defund the police”

2) “abolish prisons”

3) status quo gun control

4) election fraud

5) woke anti-racism and anti-white culture

6) globalism and the great reset

The market is flooded, but I'd rather see every small town have their own local brewery with local people than a single dollar go to the multinationals that are AB and SAB where the profits go overseas.

I prefer that also.... The way it used to be before prohibition . The problem with it is that being that small makes it very hard to be sustainable and turn a profit.

It's really worrisome that people haven't paid attention to Biden/Harris policies around guns. I get that we've had false alarms with Obama and Clintion . . although Clinton wasn't a false alarm. Anyone remember the assualt rifle and magazine capacity bans? Thankfully those were watered down enough to be ineffective and expired. With the on-going mass shootings we've seen over the years there is real traction for gun control these days. Harris would like to remove all private ownership of guns.
I read through Biden's gun plan before the election and it is scary. I voted for him anyway, because I don't vote single issue and there were a couple other things important to me.

But, I was hoping that we'd have a split Congress so that it wouldn't all (or hopefully almost none of it) get passed. I figured most of the stuff on there was coming from Harris, but I didn't know she wants to remove all private ownership. If that's true, she can truly go pound sand.

Vandy321

WKR
I read through Biden's gun plan before the election and it is scary. I voted for him anyway, because I don't vote single issue and there were a couple other things important to me.

But, I was hoping that we'd have a split Congress so that it wouldn't all (or hopefully almost none of it) get passed. I figured most of the stuff on there was coming from Harris, but I didn't know she wants to remove all private ownership. If that's true, she can truly go pound sand.
Dems having the full congress and the WH obviously makes it easy to pass ALMOST anything they want...but let's be realistic, with a right leaning SCOTUS majority, there is no way that anything remotely infringing on the 1st, 2nd, 4th ammendment, etc that makes its way before the court survives. Congress can write and pass all the bills they like, and POTUS can sign them, but if they are unconstitutional, they will be struck down, checks and balances are in place for a reason. Ending private gun ownership? Good luck with that one, Kamala...that will never survive in court...and I have my doubts that would even make it to the Presidents desk...there are plenty of pro gun democrats out there.

Not to say I'm happy about folks challenging the 2nd, and looking to infringe on gun owners rights, but I am confident that nothing will come of it (except an ammo shortage and higher prices for parts)

Sorry, meant to quote the post you were responding to.

Last edited:
Dems having the full congress and the WH obviously makes it easy to pass ALMOST anything they want...but let's be realistic, with a right leaning SCOTUS majority, there is no way that anything remotely infringing on the 1st, 2nd, 4th ammendment, etc that makes its way before the court survives. Congress can write and pass all the bills they like, and POTUS can sign them, but if they are unconstitutional, they will be struck down, checks and balances are in place for a reason. Ending private gun ownership? Good luck with that one, Kamala...that will never survive in court...and I have my doubts that would even make it to the Presidents desk...there are plenty of pro gun democrats out there.

Not to say I'm happy about folks challenging the 2nd, and looking to infringe on gun owners rights, but I am confident that nothing will come of it (except an ammo shortage and higher prices for parts)

Unfortunately you are leaving out something very very important which has become an unfortunate trend. Our recent Presidents have started to bypass congress and pass executive orders instead of letting congress do what it's supposed to. Obviously that reuqired congress to work more than 3 days a week and pass actual legislation, hence why executive orders are now the norm.

Elections have consequences. Reading shit like this makes me almost wish they would start going door to door just to see your face when you realized you shit in your own bed.

Vandy321

WKR
Unfortunately you are leaving out something very very important which has become an unfortunate trend. Our recent Presidents have started to bypass congress and pass executive orders instead of letting congress do what it's supposed to. Obviously that reuqired congress to work more than 3 days a week and pass actual legislation, hence why executive orders are now the norm.
Executive order or a bill, no difference, it still must be deemed constitutional and survive a challenge to the SCOTUS...a gun ban executive order? Scare tactics and tin foil theories...thats so far from reality its comical. That would be tied up in the courts for years. Unconstitutional is unconstitutional, no matter if a bill or an executive order.

If Georgia gives up two Senate seats to Leftists the shortage will get worse as Congress votes to strip your 2A rights away and the country descends into civil war. Don't believe your gun rights are threatened? Visit California or New York.

Last edited:

z987k

WKR
Executive order or a bill, no difference, it still must be deemed constitutional and survive a challenge to the SCOTUS...a gun ban executive order? Scare tactics and tin foil theories...thats so far from reality its comical. That would be tied up in the courts for years. Unconstitutional is unconstitutional, no matter if a bill or an executive order.
It seems people don't understand how executive orders work.
They are directions from the president about how the executive branch shall function/conduct business. They stop promptly at the executive branch.
He could instruct the ATF to step up enforcement of existing laws. He could tell them only 1 person needs to work the NFA desk. He cannot tell them to create new laws.

z987k

WKR
If Georgia gives up two Senate seats to Leftists the shortage will get worse as Congress votes to strip your 2A rights away and the country descends into civil war. Don't believe your gun rights are threatened? Visit California or New York.
Last I checked 3/4 of the states have to ratify an amendment. I'm not remotely worried about that happening.

One fo the things they will easily be able to pass is legislation to pack the court. Once done, Biden (or Harris) can quickly nominate liberal judges cementing their ability to do whatever they want.

WKR
Federal government =/= state government

WKR
One fo the things they will easily be able to pass is legislation to pack the court. Once done, Biden (or Harris) can quickly nominate liberal judges cementing their ability to do whatever they want.
I'll bet you $1 that this does NOT happen under Biden/Harris.

WKR
People say all sorts of things to get elected that never actually happen. When there is actual legislation that has actual support at a significant level, then debate. Until then, people's fears are mostly being leveraged in order to line the pockets of the special interests...

I'm certainly not a single issue voter either. In addition to his stance on guns, I am fearful of his policies for socialized medicine, a welfare state, crippling economic policies regarding environmental law, and his ideas around ending racism. (That oughta get interesting since Racism, sexism, and religious persecution have been around LONG before the United States existed.) I normally vote Libertarian and didn't this go-round despite having a great candidate because I am truly afraid
Last I checked 3/4 of the states have to ratify an amendment. I'm not remotely worried about that happening.
They don't have to add or remove amendments and that is not their plan. Their plan is severe limitations on the ability to buy guns and ammo (taxes, reclassifying many common guns under the NFA, reducing where, how often, and how much you can buy, etc.) This is all documented in Biden's plan. And Harris has much more aggressive plans. Look for an executive order in the first moth of his Presidency banning the importation of "assault weapons".

People say all sorts of things to get elected that never actually happen. When there is actual legislation that has actual support at a significant level, then debate. Until then, people's fears are mostly being leveraged in order to line the pockets of the special interests...

Hopefully you are correct at least as far as new gun restrictions but he had some pretty heavy funding from anti-gun special interests. I don't think he'll take long to act on these.

Status
Not open for further replies.