How long will the ammo shortage last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brsnow

WKR
That’s because you probably migrated to Colorado fairly recently, and after this state took a turn for the worse so you don’t recognize how much the quality of life has diminished since the massive influx of new residents began.
Not at all, I recall when ponderosa was the only High school in Parker and horses were actually quicker to your friends house since there weren’t many roads in the area. Certainly good times.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Sure it will, same as when Obama first won. But, thats the thing about opinions, everyone has one. Covid vaccine combined with folks realizing Biden can't unilaterally eliminate the 2A just because he was elected and things will he back to normal late spring. Its like clockwork.

But be honest...how many cases of toilet paper do you have stockpiled in the basement? The world is not ending and people are not taking our guns. The faster folks realize that and stop feeding into the hoarding mentality, the quicker the shelves are will be full.
How many pounds of powder are you willing to bet on this? Biden doesn't have to eliminate the 2A, but he sure as hell can make ammunition extremely expensive and hard to come by. What good are guns without ammo? Much easier to starve the supply of ammunition than to go after guns themselves. It may correct itself after the 2022 midterm elections where a lot of seats will shift.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
I read through Biden's gun plan before the election and it is scary. I voted for him anyway, because I don't vote single issue and there were a couple other things important to me.

But, I was hoping that we'd have a split Congress so that it wouldn't all (or hopefully almost none of it) get passed. I figured most of the stuff on there was coming from Harris, but I didn't know she wants to remove all private ownership. If that's true, she can truly go pound sand.
You should have researched that before you voted for those morons

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Haney

FNG
I took a 200 mile round trip here in the sticks yesterday...I came home with, 4 pounds of H4350, one pound each of H4198 and H322 along with 500 CCI 200s . I was hoping for more primers, but 500 is not bad . I don't really need bullets but bought a few thousand in case my sons ever need any . I noticed the shelves are quite bare when it comes to loaded ammo , I have a bunch of that already stored so I did not look too close but it seems only the less popular stuff was available . Living here in the cold north all my life and observing nature has taught me a valuable lesson, a smart squirrel gathers it's nuts before winter . I shoot roughly 5,000 rounds a year so the math is easy , I am 59 now,unless I live till I am 100 I should be good to go . Very comforting to know in this environment .

*zap*

WKR
the current ammo shortage is nothing to do with the election results(so far). So, people realizing that biden cannot ban all guns (if they realize that) will have no effect on the ammo shortage.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
There is NO chance 2A will ever actually be infringed. Minor inconviences such as ammo being taxed more or having to (easily) circumvent magazine restrictions are not infringements on your rights.
Seriously? The NFA is an infringement, magazine restrictions are an infringement, gun bans and/or restrictions are an infringement. Anything that puts restrictions at all on "the people's right" to bear arms is an infringement.

What you probably meant to say was that the 2nd would probably not ever be "removed". But the federal government and every state has restrictions, which are infringements.

The problem we have these days with voting is a lot of people seem to vote for whatever they view benefits THEMSELVES the most........instead of what benefits the NATION as a whole the most.

*zap*

WKR
How do people justify some of these viewpoints? Heavy taxes that you cannot afford/restrictions do not infringe on your rights? Really?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
How do people justify some of these viewpoints? Heavy taxes that you cannot afford/restrictions do not infringe on your rights? Really?
Because some people aren't single issue voters......they've already stated that. Their attitude is......"Well, I don't pay much in taxes regardless (the 47%), and you can take my guns, just so I and all the illegals can get free healthcare, welfare, legal pot, free education for all, the elimination of all morals in America, the elimination of capitalism in all forms, and the continued degradation and destruction of America". And that's just the tip of the iceberg. We'd need 100's of pages to outline all the negative details.

*zap*

WKR
^ Yup, people like to think they are complicated, critical thinkers and 'in tune' with the 'modern' world. It just proves that stupid is unfixable. Without the basic ability to defend yourself/freedom your just a slave in waiting. History has proven that 100's of times but the 'critical thinkers' don't bother to study history, they are too busy knowing everything already.

Jsmith410

Lil-Rokslider
I think it’s going to be a couple years or more. With the large companies being so far in the hole and consuming most of the components it even makes it difficult for reloading suppliers to catch up. Ammunition is so dependent on social and government climates it could get worse before it gets better I fear.

To take it a step further there are those who speculate China has a lot to do with this and is making it difficult to get supplies to further their control. I don’t know if I believe it or not but it’s not far fetched and wouldn’t surprise me.

The Greatest Spectacle in Motorcar Racing
Seriously? The NFA is an infringement, magazine restrictions are an infringement, gun bans and/or restrictions are an infringement. Anything that puts restrictions at all on "the people's right" to bear arms is an infringement.

What you probably meant to say was that the 2nd would probably not ever be "removed". But the federal government and every state has restrictions, which are infringements.

The problem we have these days with voting is a lot of people seem to vote for whatever they view benefits THEMSELVES the most........instead of what benefits the NATION as a whole the most.

Agree. Just last month I was talking with a friend and his wife and she said they were voting for Trump as their financial situation had improved because his tax cuts put more money in their pockets.

So not to change the political tone here but some of my local sporting goods stores have been trickling in powder, primers and ammo. so the stuff is coming in, you just have to be looking for it. All the time looking!!! I walked into a store yesterday that had 6 boxes of pistol primers, they had no limit but in respect to others I bought 1 brick and moved on.

So not to change the political tone here but some of my local sporting goods stores have been trickling in powder, primers and ammo. so the stuff is coming in, you just have to be looking for it. All the time looking!!! I walked into a store yesterday that had 6 boxes of pistol primers, they had no limit but in respect to others I bought 1 brick and moved on.

Yes I've seen popular powders in stock online occasionally and a few pounds here and there in the store occasionally. Primers I would see occasionally until recently. I think there are now people visiting the store daily through the day that swoop in on the stocked primers.

It's kind of crazy that I decided on my caliber choice (.30-06) partially because I'd always be able to find ammo everywhere. I have only seen a total of 3 boxes of it between 5 stores for nearly a month!

Because some people aren't single issue voters......they've already stated that. Their attitude is......"Well, I don't pay much in taxes regardless (the 47%), and you can take my guns, just so I and all the illegals can get free healthcare, welfare, legal pot, free education for all, the elimination of all morals in America, the elimination of capitalism in all forms, and the continued degradation and destruction of America". And that's just the tip of the iceberg. We'd need 100's of pages to outline all the negative details.

F**ck yes!! I wish I could like this post 100 times. Cold beers and best wishes to you and yours.

Along the same lines as the Ammo Shortage but a bit different...

How long do you guys think it will be before there are good deals on rifles again - more specifically bolt actions? I understand why semi-auto's, handguns, and self-defense shotguns are flying off the shelves (and consequently deals don't exist), but am somewhat flabbergasted that good deals are all but gone for bolt actions.

I would have to imagine most people prepping for the possibility of legitimately needing to hunt for food are already hunters whom have lots of rifles. What am I missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.