How many Alaskans on rokslide?

swat8888

WKR
How many Alaskans are on the site. would love to meet up with some fellow sliders when I get back up there and discuss hunting/fishing with some like minded folks. I know of the Moffats, 66north...I think it's 66, Yellowknife....although I'm pretty sure you live out in the woods somewhere in Wrangells/st.alias...who else? mainly looking to talk moose/bou draws/general seasons around Matsu, archery hunts, salmon fishing and sheep draws/areas in unit 13 and 19. I've got experience mostly around Fairbanks, Chicken, Copper River and Wood River/Nabesna/Brooks primarily for sheep....no I'm not just leaching.

dotman

WKR
Here I was expecting a joke like how many "Alaskan Roksliders does it take to change a light bulb?". :)

I'm one of those highfalutin Alaskan's that has electricity (not many of us out there ya know). Hell, I've even got runnin' water and one of them fancy flush toilets.

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm one of those highfalutin Alaskan's that has electricity (not many of us out there ya know). Hell, I've even got runnin' water and one of them fancy flush toilets.

And here I thought we were the only classy Alaskans on rokslide :)

..... Yellowknife....although I'm pretty sure you live out in the woods somewhere in Wrangells/st.alias....

I think you have me confused for one of my large clan of cousins that live out in that country. I'm a Fairbanks guy. One of the sophisticated ones that lives up in the hills. :) My little log home even has a well and running water!

I know Bighorse is from AK. So there are a few of us around. I mostly hunt the interior and Alaska Range these days.

Yk.

Ray

WKR
Old fat guy in the big city. Soon to be just and old guy in the big city.

Spent too much time duck hunting these last years. Time to hit the hills again.

jherald

WKR
I have electricity......Water and sewer is all trucked in and out. Just down the river they are tossin' honeybuckets.

kaboku68

WKR
I am in the city of Fairbanks until my son finishes college and then I am going back to Chitina. I teach school so you might guess how that screws with hunting.
Frankly, I am trying to buy enough gear for the rest of my lifetime through my second job at a boxstore. Until I can do the long hunts, I do one long (8 day) backpack style hunt each fall. I might know a couple of places where you can backpack hunt.

Sincerely,
Thomas

Floorguy

WKR
What archery shops do you recommend around Anchorage?

I bought my bow from bill at backcountry in Anchorage, everything I have had done since then has been at screaming eagle in wasilla. I stopped by full curl in anchorage once but they are closed Mondays and Tuesdays and I don't ever end up in that area so I haven't been back.

kaboku68

WKR
Kosers at full curl are the best kind of people. They have great selections and prices. Precision is good in fairbanks.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I use screamin' eagle archery here in Wasilla. Mainly cause its close by and easier to swing on by. No complaints from the work they do for me, and fun to shoot indoors in the winter. :D

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Honestly, seems pretty good to me, but I am pretty retarded when it comes to bows, but he has messed with both mine and my wife's bows and they shoot as good or better than before so he can't being doing too bad over there. Nice guy easy to talk to, I'll likely swing by again tomorrow to shoot some arrows and buy some more for Becca.