How many days a year do you hunt elk?

How many days do you hunt elk during the season?

• 5-7

• 8-10

• 11-14

• 15-21

• 22+

Results are only viewable after voting.

bz_711

WKR
I've gone 9 seasons for archery, all DIY Public land...each year has been just 5 or 5.5 days to hunt due to drive time and family/work commitments. I think my success has come from knowing I only have 5 days to get it done...I'm usually itching to see the wife and kids after a week anyway...

cory44

FNG
I do 3 to 5 days archery elk
I wish I had more free time
I always went beginning of the season I think I’m gonna switch them around I’m going to go end of the season

Elkhntr08

WKR
Usually 12-14 days. This year 61 or whatever it takes. Next year, who knows. Going to try to hunt 2 states.

adrock456

FNG
The correct answer is as many as I can-

Archery about 14 days
Late season cow elk rifle-5 days
Helping friends with their rifle tags 2-6 days

Usi05

WKR
First year is this year and have 10 days planned.

I envision using that week of vacay I currently use for rifle opener on UP being converted to additional elk time.

I get out a ton for whitetails in bow season so repurposing that one week of rifle isn’t a big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR
Thanks for all the replies and polling.

There is some consideration by the CPW to 'split' the archery season into two - 2 week seasons.

Not sure if it will happen, but based on the small sampling of this poll, many dont hunt longer than 2 weeks.

UpNorth89

Lil-Rokslider
Hopefully 10 days this year!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Usually go for 15 days. Day 1 and 15 are travel days, so 13 hunting with an afternoon off in the middle to clean up and resupply.

Not nearly enough. Work has a way of taking me out of Colorado every September. Hurricanes don't give a damn about my personal interests. Probably 5-7 if I'm lucky.

kylem

Lil-Rokslider
Been hunting elk 3 years now and the first year hunted 9 days and shot a spike with a rifle. The second year 17 days and missed a raghorn with a bow. Last year 12 days and shot another spike with the bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[email protected]

Lil-Rokslider
Last year was amazing had 33 days between archery and rifle, new job this year I’ll have 4 days at the beginning of archery 3 in the middle and then the last 3 plus the first 4 days of first rifle. In 4 more years I’ll be back up over 30 days if all goes well

Would that be a separate license for each 2 week season? For example, 9/1-9/14 and 9/15-9/30. What are they trying to achieve with the potential change?

Thanks for all the replies and polling.

There is some consideration by the CPW to 'split' the archery season into two - 2 week seasons.

Not sure if it will happen, but based on the small sampling of this poll, many dont hunt longer than 2 weeks.