How many days a year do you hunt elk?

How many days do you hunt elk during the season?

• 5-7

• 8-10

• 11-14

• 15-21

• 22+

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'll have 18 days this year if I need them all. If not some will be dedicated to Mule deer.
Last year it took 15 to get skunked....lol

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Jimss

WKR
Wow, some of you guys devote a lot of time and boot leather to elk! I live in Colo where OTC tags are available. Sad to say but I hunt Colo OTC elk 0 days a year for the past 25 years! There are just too many other great trips and hunts available for me to devote my hard earned vacation days and $ on! The only time I hunt Colo elk is when I draw limited tags. However, I take FULL advantage of limited elk tags in Colo and other states.

Dave_

Lil-Rokslider
Usually 5-7 for out of state elk.

Another 12- 20 local for deer/ducks/doves/etc. It was alot more before having a family, but worth it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

BHolg

FNG
I hunt from out of state so i try to get the most of my hunt. i plan a 14 day trip and travel time i can get 10 whole days of hunting in.

Hike2hunt

FNG
Google Earth / Research - 300
Off Season (scouting) 10-14
Early Season - 10-12
Late Season (depends on early season success) - 4-8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sdieffen

FNG
I'm looking at being in the Colorado backcountry Sep1 thru end of season this year. Taking entire month off from work. Last year it took 21 days to get a DIY bull. Previous year only hunted 3 days, then had to return due to hurricane. 2016 hunted 20 days. I hope they don't split the seasons!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Suppose I voted wrong as I usually have 3 elk tags a year and buddies as well, we must put in 45-60 days total. As far as Utah, yeah it's well over two weeks helping friends etc...

Sled

WKR
5-10 archery and 1-10 late season depending on the snow pushing them down. this year i may get the 3 season tag and an antlerless, so i may get some muzzleloader and rifle days in too.

Elktaco

Lil-Rokslider
Being from the Midwest I haven't hunted elk at all for the last few years although this is " my year" to go. Will be going 1st rifle in Colorado so a max of 5 days.