How many days do you plan to elk hunt in 2012

Number of days afield

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

craitchky

Lil-Rokslider
We can only get 6 days in this year, plan on hiting a CO OTC unit for the last week of archery. To busy in the early season, and I have to fit in a trip to Estes Park for my 10 year anniversary.

Ironman

Lil-Rokslider
Plan on getting to CO. The evening of the 12th of sept. Take a day to scout around and get acclimated a bit, then stay to the bitter end, if necessary.

Campo

FNG
As many days as my wife and son allow me! ;)

That said, I plan at least a five consecutive day hunt every year. Typically I end up with ten or so days under the belt (not all full days).

a3dhunter

WKR
I may not hunt elk at all this year, after hunting 16 days last season OTC Colorado as a non-resident, and making three trips up there to get that done, this year I will focus on mule deer first.

OR Archer

WKR
Ill have about 8 straight days to hunt. Then ill just have a day or two closer to home to hunt.

tracker

FNG
If I could find someone to go with me I would hunt the whole season if necessary. Usually it's two to three weeks. Even after filling my tag I would have a hard time leaving.

drthornton

Lil-Rokslider
7 hunt days in WY and if I get drawn for NM and additional 9. I think I messed up though. I just bought my wife a new car....I should have waited until AUG. doh!

Swede

WKR
I expect to hunt 30 days unless I get an elk sooner, plus ten days scouting. That may or may not include my deer hunting time. I sure is the pits being retired.

If I draw a branch bull tag in Eastern, WA then it'll be 10 days with a Muzzle Loader. If I don't draw a special tag I will be hunting 6 days during the Muzzle Loader general season. I can't hunt archery in WA next year because of doing joint training. I will be shooting a longbow in September. That is I'll be shooting my $25 million dollar Longbow. :)

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
If I manage to finally draw one of the tags close to home i'm sure I will be spending a lot of evenings hunting. Considering I have never in 14 years drawn a tag though, I'm not counting on it.

Deer in September kills my bowhunting season though.

littlebuf

Banned
I don't know exactly how long our early season will be yet since Washington takes forever to get there regs out.but I take the whole thing off every year.over 15 days I know that.then again I planned on the whole season last year and killed my bull 2in hours into it.kinda want a longer trip this year

My archery season will come to 10-12 days and 4 or 5 days out with my dad and brother during rifle. Sure do enjoy hunting with them :)

Tyler

Elk_Addict23

Lil-Rokslider
I'll probably hunt 10-12 days here in CO on an OTC tag and 8 days in Wyoming on a General Tag first part of October....both hunts will be with a bow!