How many days do you plan to elk hunt in 2012

Number of days afield

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
From my experience I need about 9 days to give myself a good opportunity at a mature bull. Some years opening day has blessed me, but more often than not I it will be many 4-5am get ups to give me that opportunity. We all have many things pulling at our hunting time...How many will you devote this fall?

1-5
6-10
10-15
15+

dotman

WKR
Well i guess i'm in the gray area, i have 12 days set aside every year.

I usually, with work, only get the first 10-11 days of season and because of that have been more geared towards Mule Deer hunting. But the 2011 season saw me hunting some new areas with better concentrations of elk AND Mulies. I know that my time off won't change but I know the deer much better and have confidence in an early tag punch and more time for elk!!!

Ralph

FNG
I voted 5-10 days, but this is the block time. I can hunt on my regular days off as well, but I typically tag out during my block time. One nice thing living in elk country is knowing exactly when the bulls are getting fired up and then changing my schedule to match(usually).

Ozz08

WKR
I'll have 6 days of elk hunting in CO. I also get 4 days of antelope in northern ca and 6 days of mule deer in the eastern sierras. The CA tags are draw but I'm all but a lock to draw them.

Brasco

FNG
I take the last week of sep and the first week of oct off, and hunt every other day i have off, im now working 4 days a week, so like 23 days.

yrovikle

FNG
16 - 18 days for elk with mule deer in my unit but my main target are the elk. Also add two or three weekends for speed goats and that's my season!

Happy hunting!
Yrovikle

I would love to be able to hunt the entire 30 day season. But because of my job we will see what I get to hunt. Hopefully enough

ElkNut1

WKR
Generally-30-40 days are dedicated to our elk hunts! Most all archery but then some muzzle loader as well always seem to sneak in there! (grin) Conditioning is the key too not only hunting but enjoying the hunt too!

ElkNut1

"nock" on wood but i'm hoping to have at least 2 full weeks off of work again, plus a few 3 day weekends including the last weekend of August.