How many do you take

Rizzy

WKR
Usually about 6 rounds on a hunt. Depending where I'm at and what's in season, I take different types of loads. when scouting I don't usually take a gun.

dotman

WKR
5 arrows, doesn't matter how long the trip is because that is all the quiver holds.

velvetfvr

WKR
5 arrows, keep a couple back at camp. If I miss more than 5 times I better worry about sighting in and not hunting!

G Posik

WKR
6 arrows in the quiver then a couple FLU-FLU arrows on the piggy back. I really love to stump shoot. Do not rifle hunt so no bullets.

Glenn

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Really depends on how many days I'm out, how far to get more ammo, number of speices I can take on a given hun.

For example, going to Kodiak this fall I have a chance to take 3 deer and a mountain goat. So I'll probably throw a whole box in the float plane with me on a fly out hunt. If my wife and I are both shooting our .308s we'll have 4 in each our mags and then another mag full apiece in our bino pouches.

But a lot of variables can dictate how many I carry.

Chesapeake

Lil-Rokslider
3 in the rifle, 6 in the pack, a box back at the rig or base camp just in case I need to sight in or reconfirm after banging stuff around.

For muzzy I usualy have a load in the gun and 3 spead loads on me, one in each pocket, and 5 speed loads inside double ziplock bags in the pack along with primers and cleaning supplies. There has been a time or two I had to nestle up under a tree and clean and dry things out after a missfire.

Archery I havent done yet, but the quiver holds six. I may carry a few in some type of tube on the pack just in case I fall and break whats in the quiver. Havent decided yet. May just leave some in the truck.