How many easterners headed west solo this year?

freshta

WKR
I'm headed out for mulies by myself again this year. Seems like everybody I know thinks I'm crazy. Maybe I am! Just curious to hear how many others are like minded.

FLAK

WKR
I will be headed to the bootheel of NM with a Coues tag in my pocket the 2nd week of December.
And then, right after Christmas my wife, son and I will be going back for Javelina!!!

Last edited:
First year for me to head west and doing it solo for OTC elk in CO. My leave is approved and im ready.

OP
F

freshta

WKR
My friends/family can't wrap their heads around driving 20-30 hours each direction to chase animals and almost always (hopefully this year will be different) come home empty handed. And most of my buds are hunters too.

NVVAHunt

Lil-Rokslider
Doing my first time out west solo this year l. Going from VA to CO. My wife doesn’t seem worried but the rest of my family is acting like I’m am sky diving without a parachute or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grademan1

FNG
Fourth year heading west from NC, this year heading to New Mexico for early archery Pronghorn in 28 days and then again in mid Sept for Archery Elk

Maverick1

WKR
"My friends/family can't wrap their heads around driving 20-30 hours each direction to chase animals and almost always (hopefully this year will be different) come home empty handed. And most of my buds are hunters too"

Same! Been going solo for a dozen years or so.

That's a good way to put it.....wrapping their head around it.....

Every year there are a lot of questions, many of them repeat and of the same variety....
The drive (as if it is much different than sitting behind a desk or on the couch for a day)
What happens when I "catch something"....(I release it)....
Sleeping at night in the terrible forrest
"Who do you talk to.?".....(uhhh, nobody, that's the beauty of it all.......)
The ferocious bears!
LOL

OP
F

freshta

WKR
I’m 48 years old and my mother still thinks I’m 8 and continuously warns me that a bear will get me. :LOL:

Bcorn

FNG
First year solo otc Colorado elk this year. Wisconsin is my home state right on the shores of Lake Superior.

Johnson27

Lil-Rokslider
Heading to Montana archery elk hunting in September. This will be my first solo trip, I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a little nervous about going solo.

Get a Garmin InReach to keep in touch with loved ones back home and just in case of an emergency. Do nightly check ins. It will keep them happy to know where you're at and safe.